Arvia - Huge discounts

gsgbrumuk

15 hours ago, Devonport D said:

I am on Arvia 6th January UK-Carribean, booked this when we were on Iona in June issued with good OBC.

We paid £4,400 which included seat upgrade on flight home, I see the same balcony cabin is advertised for £1249 almost half price.

I called P&O to see if we could do a deal with losing my OBC to have a reduction in price or put it towards a Suite, I explained I am a good previous customer and shareholder, very nice lady told me nothing doing, so I told the very nice lady I will be sailing with Celebrity in future.

Never book in advance, what looked a good deal turned out not to be, what is annoying they cannot fill this boat so why could they not do a deal I was not looking for freebies.

I think the price will go to £1,000 for a balcony nearer the sail date, let's hope the ship is complete to sail on time.

We are on Arvia in Feb in Carribean.  We had booked over a year ago.  Price dropped by £1000 and OBC increased to £650.  P&O said only recourse was to cancel and rebook.  I did that (lost £343 deposit).  I'm not happy that P&O are giving refunds to some and not others.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Although if the ship isn't complete you should get a refund!

Maybe they'll do what they are doing with the maiden and give refunds to those who have paid significantly over the odds

I understand the maiden not appealing as much as the second sailing as that is Christmas/New Year. We are on both the Maiden and the T/A so should see you on board.  Home for 2 weeks in between.

However, not had our revised invoice yet nor refund for the maiden.  I will contact agent next week.

Had my refund last week, paid onto the bank card I paid with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElmaLee said:

I'm not happy that P&O are giving refunds to some and not others.

As far as I know this is just for the maiden.  However, I do agree with you.  Many say once booked you shouldn't check price.  It certainly doesn't encourage early bookers and those loyal to the brand.  A boost to OBC or special offers on board would not go amiss - speciality dining/drinks packge for those subsidising the cut price travellers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

What exactly is the big appeal of maidens, given that they’re frequently riddled with teething problems - sometimes quite major?

Agree Harry.  We sailed on Azura when she was quite new.  Dreadful plumbing problems.  Soaking carpets outside the public loos and quite a few other things.