Live Review B3B Oasis of the Seas 10/9-10/30 Pictures/Food/Random Thoughts Smorgasbord!

Next Cruise

Busy yesterday not so much today… lots of icon inquiries… I heard that two pinnacles balked at the price for the cruise … umm new ship … what do you expect…the same price as the Grandur of the Seas?  Ummm NO!

28F95B99-E07A-449B-B6D8-8492DD46805C.jpeg

A0AA1704-D8C4-4FE6-93D4-21E79FAAEE4C.jpeg

• Like 1

Benny, outstanding photos of the ice show. As to the first 4 rows being reserved D+, Key, etc, I was told the same on October 14. The attendant removed the rope, I proceeded to one of those 4 rows. He then told me that those seats were reserved despite the first 8 being unoccupied. This was the employee telling me this not a seat saver. I reminded him of the no reserve policy, he repeated his statement. I sat in another row. Soon after the announcement was made of no reserving of seats, the employee did not look in my direction. 

I'll just say the employee who told me those seats were reserved was well rewarded by the parent/grandparent of the late arriving family members.  Beware!  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Next Cruise

Busy yesterday not so much today… lots of icon inquiries… I heard that two pinnacles balked at the price for the cruise … umm new ship … what do you expect…the same price as the Grandur of the Seas?  Ummm NO!

28F95B99-E07A-449B-B6D8-8492DD46805C.jpeg

A0AA1704-D8C4-4FE6-93D4-21E79FAAEE4C.jpeg

Yeap, pretty pricey right now for Icon.

We have done 3 different inaugural cruises

but this one seems higher than the others.

Inflation, inflation.  

Might do inside cabin for now, even though

we prefer ocean view or balcony.

3 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Benny, outstanding photos of the ice show. As to the first 4 rows being reserved D+, Key, etc, I was told the same on October 14. The attendant removed the rope, I proceeded to one of those 4 rows. He then told me that those seats were reserved despite the first 8 being unoccupied. This was the employee telling me this not a seat saver. I reminded him of the no reserve policy, he repeated his statement. I sat in another row. Soon after the announcement was made of no reserving of seats, the employee did not look in my direction. 

I'll just say the employee who told me those seats were reserved was well rewarded by the parent/grandparent of the late arriving family members.  Beware!  😃

Maybe they were reserved for Star Class?

Maybe a weird question, but looking at the photos of the pool…. Are any of the pools on oasis actually big enough to swim in, especially when full of people? All the pictures I see just seem to be people standing around in the pool talking!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Maybe a weird question, but looking at the photos of the pool…. Are any of the pools on oasis actually big enough to swim in, especially when full of people? All the pictures I see just seem to be people standing around in the pool talking!

No. They're really more for cooling off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, meadowlander said:

The rule is that 10 minutes before show time those seats are released but some ship won’t release them until 5 minutes prior to show time.  That’s why you will see some reshuffling right before show starts.

20 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Yeap, pretty pricey right now for Icon.

We have done 3 different inaugural cruises

but this one seems higher than the others.

Inflation, inflation.  

Might do inside cabin for now, even though

we prefer ocean view or balcony.

This one is through the roof… will wait for the excitement to calm down when people realize just how much they have to pay when they approach final payment 😂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Donsyb said:

Unless you go at night or fist thing in the morning … you really can’t swim in the pools.  Too many people standing in the pool.

• Like 2