OnPoint COVID Testing

HBDave

1 minute ago, canderson said:

When I say "positive result", I mean COVID positive. 

I've noted a few comments where the service isn't even waiting the requisite 15 minutes for the results.

Ah! Gotcha! Thought you meant positive to mean good. Nope, no positive results. They don’t wait the full 15 minutes. They only waited a minute or 2. If positive, it shows up almost immediately. Really no need to wait the 15 minutes 

5 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Ah! Gotcha! Thought you meant positive to mean good. Nope, no positive results. They don’t wait the full 15 minutes. They only waited a minute or 2. If positive, it shows up almost immediately. Really no need to wait the 15 minutes 

Depends on how much/little of the target protein is present in the sample.  A 'weak line' can take some time to develop.  That they don't follow the kit manufacturers' protocols raises red flags again.

• Like 1

I have disputed my CC charges as well and have ordered the Abbott BinaxNOW.  I guess I should have gone this route in the first place. If EMed disappears like OnPoint, at least I can plead my case with Celebrity that I followed their protocol and order kits from their recommended vendor, etc. 

• Like 1

We just used rapid test and trace as nervous as I was for never having to do it very easy and had my results right away. They even did my hubby who had a later appointment. Would recommend them if you need to have a test done.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:06 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

If you are concerned about OnPoint- I used them in 2021 - then use your test with Rapidtestandtrace.com.   Used them in August of this year.  Rapidtestandtrace.com uses Microsoft Teams app..

FWIW  OnPoint reported doing over 5 million tests.  Much like Celebrity, not everyone happy.

This was an epic fail, even if not of their making. We were lucky because we had an extra day built in. However, if you’re going on a cruise which still requires testing (I’m not sure if any itineraries do), and don’t have that leeway, it could be a problem.

5 hours ago, queenofcruise said:

Just a little information….had testing scheduled today at 12:15, received a cancellation notice from On Point with no explanation….booked with Rapid Test and trace…easy peasy ..results immediately, and disputed the charge from On Point…

Seems that is the best option for Transatlantic cruises that require testing.   No guarantee of when or if OnPoint will be up again.

We used them both - easy.  No need for Emed.

• Like 1