Offer from O for an oversold cruise

jjeffjb

16 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

These are all '60s and '70s groups: I would think music that's 50 to 60 years old also qualifies as "old fogey" material.

If I like the music I don’t care if it’s 2 years, 20 years, or 200 years old 🙂

• Like 6

10 hours ago, ToxM said:

If I like the music I don’t care if it’s 2 years, 20 years, or 200 years old 🙂

How old must one be to have ever seen blue suede shoes on the dance floor? 

Perry Como put me to sleep 40 years ago. Listening to him over the speakers now is tiring, or perhaps a Rip Van Winkle moment.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

How old must one be to have ever seen blue suede shoes on the dance floor? 

Perry Como put me to sleep 40 years ago. Listening to him over the speakers now is tiring, or perhaps a Rip Van Winkle moment.

I think I must have been very lucky to  have been able to ignore music I didn’t care for and enjoy the music that came on and I enjoyed 🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ToxM said:

I think I must have been very lucky to  have been able to ignore music I didn’t care for and enjoy the music that came on and I enjoyed 🙂

A lot of O cruisers are totally capable of completely zoning out their surroundings. Take today for example on an O cruise, our tour guide gave us implicit instructions on what to do when we off loaded the ship. Repeated it three times. Several got off clueless, then did exactly what he told them not to do. I’m not so sure that “ talent “ of yours is a blessing. Some of us were taught/trained to absorb our surroundings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

A lot of O cruisers are totally capable of completely zoning out their surroundings. Take today for example on an O cruise, our tour guide gave us implicit instructions on what to do when we off loaded the ship. Repeated it three times. Several got off clueless, then did exactly what he told them not to do. I’m not so sure that “ talent “ of yours is a blessing. Some of us were taught/trained to absorb our surroundings.

But you are special 😉

It is like those that never read/comprehend   & post things nothing to do with what people are asking

Or people that never read the fine print in their cruise documents or insurance coverage  then are surprised

I can tune out Music  or conversations I am not interested in but do listen to instructions

How many muster drills have you been to when people are too busy socializing  to listen to what they must do in an emergency

I make note   as I do not want to be in a life boat with any of them if a real emergency should  happen

JMO

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:46 AM, pinotlover said:

I am far less charitable than you are. Over the years I have become convinced that many people cannot follow instructions and/or cannot read and interpret what they have read. There are many stupid people (not to be confused with being uneducated, because you can still be very smart).