Cozumel - Which pier?

prmssk

I know that Carnival Corp generally uses Puerta Maya, Royal Caribbean Group generally uses the International pier, and most of the others generally use the downtown one but what happens when there are more ships than can be handled by any of those piers?  On my next cruise RCG will have 4 ships in port that day (1 Royal and 3 Celebrity) and I'm pretty sure the International Pier can only handle 2.  

On another cruise this year, 9 ships will be in port (2 Celebrity and 1 Royal, 2 Carnival plus an Aida, an NCL, 2 smaller ships).

I can find a schedule for Puerta Maya but not for the other piers.  Is there some way to figure out which ships will dock where in cases like this? 

You do not mention when you will be in Cozumel. You can look at the Cozumel cruise port schedule for your date on the island. https://www.cozumelcruisetours.com/

It scrolls through the months of 2022-I assume you will be there this year.

Cozumel is interesting as they can absorb so many cruise ships given their docks. I have cruised there more than 10 times and never had an issue. 

This link helps to explain the Cozumel piers and which lines normally dock there:

https://thisiscozumel.com/

2 minutes ago, Loucat said:

You do not mention when you will be in Cozumel. You can look at the Cozumel cruise port schedule for your date on the island. https://www.cozumelcruisetours.com/

It scrolls through the months of 2022-I assume you will be there this year.

Cozumel is interesting as they can absorb so many cruise ships given their docks. I have cruised there more than 10 times and never had an issue. 

This link helps to explain the Cozumel piers and which lines normally dock there:

https://thisiscozumel.com/

Yes, I'll be there in both November and December.  And I'm familiar with the various piers and who docks where normally and have looked up which ships will be in port those days.  My question relates to what happens when there are more ships than the typical pier of that cruise line can handle.

prmssk-if you look at the link I sent for the cruise ship schedules, it will tell you what ships will be in port and what pier they will use. In the event docking is not available, the ship will tender passengers to  land. Not the best option, but it gets you there. I did see this at the downtown pier years ago when too many NCL ships were docked. Last one in had to tender.

6 minutes ago, volk904 said:

I believe The International Pier now can handle 4 ships. That said I looked up our November cruise and Royal has 5 ships that day but only 1 other ship in port.  I wonder if the 5th ship goes.  

Puerta Maya (that Carnival Corp uses) did add 2 berths for a total of 4 at some point but it sure didn't look like the International Pier could handle more than 2 when we were there twice earlier this year.  I guess we will find out.

7 minutes ago, Loucat said:

if you look at the link I sent for the cruise ship schedules, it will tell you what ships will be in port and what pier they will use.

If it does, I'm not finding it.  I'm just seeing a list of ships and dates with no reference to specific piers.  By the way, the link you provided doesn't completely match cruise mapper (which is what I use) or the Royal's website so I'm not sure if it is up-to-date.

17 hours ago, Loucat said:

prmssk-if you look at the link I sent for the cruise ship schedules, it will tell you what ships will be in port and what pier they will use. In the event docking is not available, the ship will tender passengers to  land. Not the best option, but it gets you there. I did see this at the downtown pier years ago when too many NCL ships were docked. Last one in had to tender.

Yeah it just shows which ships will be in each day and what time they'll be docked.

Nothing about which pier they'll be docked at.

Only showing 5 ships in on our day in December, but I'm pretty sure its six.

Luckily only two of the smaller Carnival ships, so we should be good that day.

17 hours ago, prmssk said:

Yes, I'll be there in both November and December.  And I'm familiar with the various piers and who docks where normally and have looked up which ships will be in port those days.  My question relates to what happens when there are more ships than the typical pier of that cruise line can handle.

When one of the piers was damagaed after a hurricane. once we had to tender into the ferry pier downtown instead at Puerto Maya like usual.

I'm pretty sure NCL is usually the line that has to tender the most as RCCL and Carnival usually have enough piers for their ships daily.

'

Not sure what Virigin is doing, as I haven't been in Cozumel since they came into existance, but I'll find out in December.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, prmssk said:

Small Carnival and Royal ships will often dock at Langosta, if there are too many at their own dock.

Virgin docks at Langosta.

NCL generally docks at Langosta but for some reason that I have never known why, they are the cruise line that usually ends up tendering at ports with overload. In Cozumel, they will tender to International or downtown. 

• Thanks 1

None of the websites I have tried show pier assignments.  We are on a ship arriving on Sunday, 11/13,  when supposedly no other ships are in port.  But, our itinerary shows "tender" which seems odd.  Our plans for the day could be affected by where we end up ashore so it would be nice to know where that might be.  Any way to find the information? 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

None of the websites I have tried show pier assignments.  We are on a ship arriving on Sunday, 11/13,  when supposedly no other ships are in port.  But, our itinerary shows "tender" which seems odd.  Our plans for the day could be affected by where we end up ashore so it would be nice to know where that might be.  Any way to find the information? 

Thanks!

The Puerta Maya pier has a posted schedule here:  http://m.puertamaya.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

I can’t find a schedule that lists which ships are at which of the other two piers. 

5 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Thanks!

https://cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips

It's only for the week of the cruise, but it shows all the piers schedules.

Maybe if the RCCL and NCL cruisers complained to the other two piers they might post it in advance like Carnival and Puerto Maya do. 😜