Just off Equinox

39august

On 10/16/2022 at 9:08 AM, 39august said:

Boarded Equinox on Sept. 26, debarked yesterday, Oct. 15. Crew was allowed to remove masks for the second leg of this back to back. So nice to see faces again! Smiles all around. No testing for second leg of back to back. Ship was about 94% capacity. Weather was spotty with some rain nearly every day. No vaccine records required off ship in any of the ports. Did the Willamstead trolley tour on Curacao. Fun little tour to see many of the very decorative buildings. Nothing on other islands as have been to each many times, except Martinique, which is mostly closed on Sunday.  Crew wonderful as always. Pete was the CD and had a very interesting video presentation about Windsor Castle, its surrounding park and the queen's funeral. The crew in Luminae are just outstanding. All greet you by name at least by the second day. If you don't see what appeals to you on the menu ask about whatever you want. They will do their best to make it happen. Our main waiter, Lasanke, brought me several different Indian dishes after I told him that I love Indian food. You can ask for appetizers to be served as mains, half portions of any thing, order off the main dining room menu, and off the childfren's menu which includes mac and cheese and filet among other things. Henroi and Adrian at the World Class Bar are very personable. Komange and Kay are standouts at the Ensemble bar. The house band was not good in my opinion, but the classic string duo, Sound Wave is outstanding. My  husband and I both thought solo guitarist was terrible. Iam up in the Sky lounge every evening at 5 had our favorite drinks ready when we arrived. There was plenty of Decoy all over the ship. No shortages on these 2 cruises. 

Different tastes for everyone, but we all thought the solo guitarist was great!

On 10/16/2022 at 3:40 PM, 39august said:

I want to say something like "Long Play" or maybe it just seemed to be since they were so bad. Yes, 2 house bands and both very poor. All kinds of older rock music for both. 

Curious...you didn't like the music they played? (I'm a classic rock fan...among many other genres)

Or they weren't good?

On 20+ cruises on several lines I've never heard a BAD musician...tho plenty that weren't my style of music.

We found the woman lead singer to be too shrill. The music selections were older pop and rock, so fine with me. I think there was a little country thrown in as well. Not something I couldn't stand, but I've heard bands on X that I much preferred over this one.