Shore Excursion Recommendations for Prima 1/15/2023 (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)

no1dan2001

Hi folks!  I have been on a few NCL cruises but I'm new to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and my last trip I stayed at the beach/port at Ocho Rios.  I was reaching out to see if anyone had any recommendations on excursions for these ports?  Everyone says Dunn's River Falls is a must.  I was in Negril in August but the locals weren't really enthusiastic about it, so I don't know.  I booked the "Mexican Cuisine Workshop and Training" for Cozumel which looks awesome.  What are your favorite excursions at these ports, CC folks?  Thanks!

Dan

42 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Do you like diving or snorkeling? 

I took an introduction to diving excursion in Grand Cayman that has stuck in my mind for the last 3 years.  I think they're one of the few ports that offer that.

My first time snorkeling was in Negril and I loved it. I'll check it out and see what they have available.  Thanks, @PistolPete13! Did you do a cruise-sanctioned event or did you work with a local retailer?  

26 minutes ago, no1dan2001 said:

My first time snorkeling was in Negril and I loved it. I'll check it out and see what they have available.  Thanks, @PistolPete13! Did you do a cruise-sanctioned event or did you work with a local retailer?  

Cruise sponsored.  I didn't want to deal with any stress regarding getting back to the ship on time.

I recommend staying on the ship for the day in Ocho Rios and treating yourself to a spa pass for the day.

Ocho Rios is by far the worst port to which I’ve ever been and the shore excursion we did (Dunn’s River Falls and Botanical Garden) was the absolute worst shore excursion in the history of shore excursions.

• Like 1

Also be sure to check the Ports of Call forum on this website. There will be numerous posts for excursions at all 3 of those ports.  And I agree with @YVRteacher...did not care for Dunn's River Falls and when I was in Ocho Rio on the Escape in February, a day pass in the spa was my choice of activity.

• Like 1

We snorkeled from the Eden Rock Dive Center.  It's a short walk from the pier.  At the time we were there it was about $15/pp for snorkel gear and $5 for a locker.  Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto are just a short swim from their pier.  There's a nice shallow reef there with tons of fish.

They also offer diving if you're interested in it.

20 hours ago, no1dan2001 said:

Hi folks!  I have been on a few NCL cruises but I'm new to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and my last trip I stayed at the beach/port at Ocho Rios.  I was reaching out to see if anyone had any recommendations on excursions for these ports?  Everyone says Dunn's River Falls is a must.  I was in Negril in August but the locals weren't really enthusiastic about it, so I don't know.  I booked the "Mexican Cuisine Workshop and Training" for Cozumel which looks awesome.  What are your favorite excursions at these ports, CC folks?  Thanks!

Dan

I booked this too! Second time, last time I did it I had a great time! You will also have access to the beach and resort here.

12 hours ago, PATRLR said:

You really should spend time in the port of call forums and ask the question there:

Jamaica:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/67-jamaica/

Cayman Islands: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/89-cayman-islands/

Cozumel: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't dig deep enough.  I'll check it out and see what I can find.  Thanks everyone for the ideas!

58 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Grand Cayman. Stingray City

Cozumel. Nachi Cocum Beach Club

I absolutely agree with both of these as we have been to Nachi Cocum a few time and Stingray City/snorkel every time we go to Grand Cayman.  We even went when we spent a week on GC.