Currency needed in Australia & New Zealand

On 11/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, chubbypiggy said:

Is there usually a credit card surcharge to use credit cards at markets, taxi, restaurants, convenience stores?  In my hotel booking, there is fine print indicating there is a 2% surcharge for paying with credit card.  I am also trying to decide how much cash I should get at ATM at the Sydney airport.  Will be staying in Sydney for one day pre-cruise. 

I used the pre pay option online once l was closer to my cruise date and no extra free was charged. Just a suggestion.

48 minutes ago, 1cruise2U said:

I used the pre pay option online once l was closer to my cruise date and no extra free was charged. Just a suggestion.

You're in the US though. The credit card surcharge mostly occurs in Australia and NZ.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You're in the US though. The credit card surcharge mostly occurs in Australia and NZ.

Yes. I’m at Hilton Sydney this weekend and l had the message, if l paid at the Hotel…but Hilton had a non-refundable rate that l just purchased online thru the website to get around paying at Hotel and l will not have to pay free…. If l pay directly at Hotel then you are correct l would have the fee,,,