DW's FCC vanished?

edgeman61

DW and I had a cruise canceled by HAL back in 2021, we let them retain the monies paid in and they in turn gave us 2x the value in FCC.

We used that credit to book a cruise in 2022, my mother, my aunt and uncle were joining us on this trip.

Right before final payment, my DW decided not to go due to a health issue that came up after we originally booked this trip.  Because I didn't want my 83 yo mother travelling alone, I decided to keep the booking and substitute my mother for DW in our Vista Suite and cancel her inside solo booking.

When I did that HAL told me that DW's portion of the FCC couldn't be used so we paid the additional amount at final payment.  DW's portion of the FCC was to be returned to her account.

I went on the trip, enjoyed myself, reconnected with family, etc., etc., recently I got to thinking that we need to do something to use my DW's remaining FCC before the end of the year.  Lo and behold, I checked her account on HAL's website and there is no mention of her having an FCC.

This was no trivial amount, and half of it was actual money I paid to HAL.

What could have happened?

I now need to go over my records to find documentation of the credit amount and call to confront HAL and request it be reinstated.

Is calling the best course of action or would written correspondence be a better option? 

Thanks for your time and attention.

Edited by edgeman61

8 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

DW and I had a cruise canceled by HAL back in 2021, we let them retain the monies paid in and they in turn gave us 2x the value in FCC.

We used that credit to book a cruise in 2022, my mother, my aunt and uncle were joining us on this trip.

Right before final payment, my DW decided not to go due to a health issue that came up after we originally booked this trip.  Because I didn't want my 83 yo mother travelling alone, I decided to keep the booking and substitute my mother for DW in our Vista Suite and cancel her inside solo booking.

When I did that HAL told me that DW's portion of the FCC couldn't be used so we paid the additional amount at final payment.  DW's portion of the FCC was to be returned to her account.

I went on the trip, enjoyed myself, reconnected with family, etc., etc., recently I got to thinking that we need to do something to use my DW's remaining FCC before the end of the year.  Lo and behold, I checked her account on HAL's website and there is no mention of her having an FCC.

This was no trivial amount, and half of it was actual money I paid to HAL.

What could have happened?

I now need to go over my records to find documentation of the credit amount and call to confront HAL and request it be reinstated.

Is calling the best course of action or would written correspondence be a better option? 

Thanks for your time and attention.

How long ago did this happen - It took 6 weeks for our FCC to show on our account when we cancelled a cruise and booked a different cruise.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, iflyrc5 said:

How long ago did this happen - It took 6 weeks for our FCC to show on our account when we cancelled a cruise and booked a different cruise.

The cruise started in the last week of June and ended toward the second week of July.

I cancelled DW and substituted my Mother just before final payment which would have been near the end of April if payment was due 60 days prior to the start.

Thanks for the phone number Mary229, I'll probably need it.