World Club Cocktail Party

Marronnier

On 10/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, Victoria2 said:

I'm not bothered either but in the past we have had  great chats with officers if they happen to be in our vicinity. It's far from sucking up to anyone,  it's called being sociable. 🙂

On 10/24/2022 at 6:15 PM, majortom10 said:

That is fair enough I certainly wouldnt be ignorant with polite chat but it is laughable those that race to dance floor and push their way into standing by senior officers.

Good afternoon major.

While never admitting to 'racing'  and 'pushing' to the dance floor I'll willingly admit to the standing with senior officers and enjoying social chit-chat. A skill well honed during my career as a naval officer where at most foreign ports the ship would host a cocktail party for the local dignitaries and a few BYTs.

As most of my naval seagoing career was serving on aircraft carriers it meant that such CTPs were held in the ship's hangar and there was no seating. Hence I've always been an advocate of remaining on my feet at such functions. I'm not aware of how  you Army chaps conducted yourselves on such occasions.😁1887239494_QueensRoomCTParty8July2015.thumb.jpg.77e2608457ceb3b65f13af8c07984481.jpg

As an aside I would also mention that in my experience the drinks service was by far more slicker when one was in the company of a ship's officer...

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, majortom10 said:

Who cares whether they come back certainly not me. The ones I have been always serve cheap wine and find it hilarious watching some cruisers sucking up to officers.

My previous two comments may be of interest to you Major.

Those of us in the know however have been aware that other drinks are available: as one can easily observe from the various shaped glasses in this photograph of mine that I've dug out just for you 😉 ...

1368460427_SeniorOfficersPartyQM220December2016.thumb.jpg.9d729b8d5259d0d34b5acc8cbc82ebd5.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

We had a similar experience except it was with the Head of Housekeeping. 

Being retired hotel owners my wife expressed an interest in all things 'housekeeping' and in particular 'Laundry'.

Lo and behold the next day we had a message inviting us to a private visit to said 'Laundry' which actually proved fascinating - especially the 'Norovirus' section. 

Hi Richard!   I remember those parties as well.   So much fun.  Back in those days each one of the senior officers including the captain had their own tables in the Caronia Dining Room where passengers sat for the duration of the voyage. For whatever shortsighted reason all that disappeared on the QM2.   Sad.

Deck Chair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deck chair said:

Hi Richard!   I remember those parties as well.   So much fun.  Back in those days each one of the senior officers including the captain had their own tables in the Caronia Dining Room where passengers sat for the duration of the voyage. For whatever shortsighted reason all that disappeared on the QM2.   Sad.

Deck Chair.

I Remember a Dinner on the QM2 with the Captain and CEO of Cunard at that time Carol Marlow on a Caribbean Sailing the year the Queen Victoria was being introduced. There was a Powerpoint presentation in Illuminations about the Victoria. We had a wonderful talk after the presentation.

Later that afternoon we found an Invitation in our Cabin for Dinner at the Captain's Table that evening.

There was about 12 of us seated. I remember each course was served with a choice of wines to compliment the course. It was a delightful meal and conversation with the other passengers.

Later that night delivered to our Cabin was the CD used by Carol Marlow of the Queen Victoria  presentation. A wonderful keepsake of the voyage and the experience.

• 2 months later...

Well ! Good news ! The cocktail receptions are to be resumed onboard the 'World Cruises' as we speak.

For Queen Victoria the Captains reception will take place during the first week in February , other receptions are in the pipeline for those on the full voyage , possibly out on the open decks.

Can't comment on QM2.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Well ! Good news ! The cocktail receptions are to be resumed onboard the 'World Cruises' as we speak.

For Queen Victoria the Captains reception will take place during the first week in February , other receptions are in the pipeline for those on the full voyage , possibly out on the open decks.

Can't comment on QM2.  

😈😂