Difference between Balcony and Club Balcony on the Pearl

salzdt

The main differences are the price, and the Club Balcony Suite has a little bit larger sitting area with a curtain divider between it and the bed, and a tub/shower combo instead of just the shower.  I think the CBS is also 1'-2' wider than the standard balcony cabin.  Another difference is the CBS cabins are on Deck 11, while the balcony cabins are on Desk 8, 9, & 10.

Club Balcony Suites do NOT get the same perks as other SUITES/Haven rooms.

Currently being offered in a CBS: there "should be" a couple of days when some treats are delivered to the room, a bag of laundry done for FREE should be available, and you have the opportunity to "Check-In" for your sailing at 125 days prior (rather than the standard 120 days).

1 hour ago, Nilbog said:

Another difference is the CBS cabins are on Deck 11, while the balcony cabins are on Desk 8, 9, & 10.

And to me at least, that's a major (potentially negative) difference, as the staterooms on Deck 11 are under the noisy or potentially noisy public areas of Deck 12 (including the pool deck and fitness center).  So if you are booking on Deck 11, check your cabin location very carefully.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

And to me at least, that's a major (potentially negative) difference, as the staterooms on Deck 11 are under the noisy or potentially noisy public areas of Deck 12 (including the pool deck and fitness center).  So if you are booking on Deck 11, check your cabin location very carefully.

I've heard that.  But we've been on deck 11 twice (mid and aft) and not had any issue with noise.  We'll be there a third time in 27 days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do all the Club Balcony Suites have a tub/shower set up - or just a shower?  I know in the past it was the combo- I've been told that they have been upgraded & the tubs removed- can anyone who has been on the Pearl recently- confirm? We currently have a balcony room because we don't want a tub- but we did put in a bid for Club Balcony- fingers crossed if we get it- there isn't a tub. 

nmuller328, I booked a Club Balcony on the Pearl for Jan 2023 nearly 2 years ago because I love baths, then last year they notified me that the cabins were all being refurbed to shower only - I was not happy as I now have to endure a shower for 11 nights!!  (Gonna be hard for me as I love my nightly soaks)

1 hour ago, fenny7cats said:

nmuller328, I booked a Club Balcony on the Pearl for Jan 2023 nearly 2 years ago because I love baths, then last year they notified me that the cabins were all being refurbed to shower only - I was not happy as I now have to endure a shower for 11 nights!!  (Gonna be hard for me as I love my nightly soaks)

Have you ever actually been in one of those NCL tub/shower combos?  Very narrow tub, suitable imho mostly for children.

Sorry you'll be missing your soak, but those tub/shower combos made it difficult (if not dangerous, on a moving vessel) for a good number of folks to get in/out in order to take a shower, especially people with knee problems, mobility issues, and short people.  I won't miss them.

• Like 3

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken, as I have not yet sailed, but am booked in a club balcony on the Pearl for Aug.  From looking at videos and pictures, it seems there is more conveniently located storage for clothes in the club balcony cabins as storage is in the main part of the stateroom, as opposed to being across from the bathroom in the hallway part.

8 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken, as I have not yet sailed, but am booked in a club balcony on the Pearl for Aug.  From looking at videos and pictures, it seems there is more conveniently located storage for clothes in the club balcony cabins as storage is in the main part of the stateroom, as opposed to being across from the bathroom in the hallway part.

There are three draws under the TV/ shelf area. There are two more open shelves in the closet, under the safe. At the top of the closet is another shelf which holds the life preservers, with a couple square feet left to store additional items. It's enough to get by. The mini-suites on the Dawn and Gem have much more storage.

The tubs are gone. Have been replaced with fairly large walk-in showers. IMHO, they are much better than the high, narrow tubs that were in the cabins.

The difference in space between a balcony and a club balcony suite is approximately one hundred square feet, or about an extra ten by ten room. The balconies are fifty four square feet, compared to thirty eight square feet in a regular balcony cabin.

The best place to book a club is on the starboard side front, under the spa, library, card room, and photo area; or on the port side in front of the fitness center.

One last thought. We experienced a lot of "motion of the ocean" on our recent cruise. The closet doors are on rollers, and they would be constantly hitting the closet sides. Not good for sleeping! Eventually, I grabbed the rubber door wedge by the cabin door and wedged it between the two closet doors. Problem solved!!

Enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

The best place to book a club is on the starboard side front, under the spa, library, card room, and photo area; or on the port side in front of the fitness center.

IMHO the best place to book a club balcony suite is aft-facing.  We were in one on the Pearl during our Panama Canal cruise and it was wonderful.  The only better cabin we've found is an aft wrap balcony where you end up with balcony facing aft and wrapping around the side.  You get a nearly 270 degree view with those.  Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and are usually booked very early.

9 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

IMHO the best place to book a club balcony suite is aft-facing.  We were in one on the Pearl during our Panama Canal cruise and it was wonderful.  The only better cabin we've found is an aft wrap balcony where you end up with balcony facing aft and wrapping around the side.  You get a nearly 270 degree view with those.  Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and are usually booked very early.

You're right! They are a good, if not better, choice. However, there are only seven of them on the Pearl, and are generally not an affordable choice to a great many of us. So therefore, did not include them in my post.