Blue Mountains transport and sightseeing

I recently visited Leura Gardens Festival where I bought a $10 Hop on and hop off day ticket to visit the various gardens. I was impressed with the kindness of the mini bus drivers who drove around the gardens all day dropping people off and picking them up.

On the bus ticket I noticed in conjunction with Fantastic Aussie Tours, which is a one stop shop for transport and sightseeing in the Blue Mountains.  Two families own and operate the business which is based in the Blue Mountains. They will organise pick up from the international and domestic airports and transfer (with luggage)  to the Blue Mountains.  They operate an explorer hop on hop off bus 37 stops day ticket around Katoomba and Leura $49  www.fantastic-aussie-tours.com.au  You can make an enquiry on line. The detailed web site explains what they offer.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, traveldayz said:

Thanks for that. We have booked a week at a cottage in Laura in January to fill in post-cruise time, and don’t know the area at all so HOHO is ideal

Leura is the most beautiful part of the Blue Mountains in my opinion. We've stayed there several times in a house.  One was in walking distance to a lookout - so beautiful - plus the chorus of birds.

We are going up to the Mountains by train if the weather is good tomorrow.

If you want to know anything let me know today.

Folks you do know that whatever state you live in, as long as you are over 60, you can apply for a  NSW seniors opal card which entitles you to $2.50 per day travel on trains, buses and ferries. Covers a wide area including Blue Mountains. We live in Sydney but often go for a $2.50 train ride to Leura, great way to spend a day.

Leura is fabulous. I think the nicest village in the Blue Mountains. Some of the best restaurants are there.

As for the HoHo bus, dont expect any great frequency.  It's not London or Paris.  😉

Also, some of the nicest lookouts/sights are not on the HoHo route. I think it's well worth renting a car to explore the region.  

2 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Leura is fabulous. I think the nicest village in the Blue Mountains. Some of the best restaurants are there.

As for the HoHo bus, dont expect any great frequency.  It's not London or Paris.  😉

Also, some of the nicest lookouts/sights are not on the HoHo route. I think it's well worth renting a car to explore the region.  

Yes we normally have a car.  The continuous shuttles for the Leura Garden Festival were great  because you didn't have to look for a park at the popular gardens.