Holiday inn LAX to san pedro

Cruisingrampy

You would have to call the cruiseline to book a transfer and compare pricing vs just using a taxi or Uber.

I can offer that we easily just (Oct 2nd) took a taxi from LAX to the San Pedro pier. We walked from terminal one to the LAX-IT location (where you must go for taxi's or ride shares at LAX all other terminals there's an LAX-IT comp shuttle to get to this area) and it took us approx 20-25 min to get to San Pedro to board our cruise ship and the cost was approx $70.00. This couldn't have been easier.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Can you book that online or fo i have to phone the cruiseline

It depends on the cruise line, I suppose. I just booked a Princess cruise online and they offered me a transfer from LAX for $24 pp. A cab or Uber would be $50-70.

Personally, I'd just use Uber or Lyft...It would be less than a taxi...maybe, with tip, about the same as the Princess transfer...but you are on Royal Caribbean, right?  Probably a little more for that--so you may beat it with Lyft or Uber...

Whatever, to me it's worth it to avoid the extra step of dealing with a shuttle back to LAX and with locating the cruise line rep at LAX and then waiting for them to fill the bus... 

The convenience of door-to-door service on your own time is worth quite a bit in my book...

9 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Personally, I'd just use Uber or Lyft...It would be less than a taxi...maybe, with tip, about the same as the Princess transfer...but you are on Royal Caribbean, right?  Probably a little more for that--so you may beat it with Lyft or Uber...

Whatever, to me it's worth it to avoid the extra step of dealing with a shuttle back to LAX and with locating the cruise line rep at LAX and then waiting for them to fill the bus... 

The convenience of door-to-door service on your own time is worth quite a bit in my book...

Uber for our recent trip (noted above) was $5.00 less than what we paid for a taxi. The taxi's were lined up waiting and we saw many people actually waiting and calling to get their Uber so we did what appeared to be the easier option. Worked out great for us.

I'll just add we took the Flyaway from Van Nuys (where we parked our car) to terminal one to get a taxi for our San Pedro to Tampa Panama Canal cruise.

Looked at different travel options and this worked out best for us.

Edited by Ashland

We just got home from LAX.  Took Uber.   Got to the LAX-it lot at 10:02 pm.  Yes, there were a lot of people waiting for Ubers.  Logged in and summoned an Uber...and it was there in exactly FIVE MINUTES.  Price (compared to our many prior Uber and Lyft rides) was right there with past fares between LAX and our home (less than $50)...and it's just over one and a half times the distance as LAX to the Cruise terminal in San Pedro!

And, of course, the OP in this thread would NOT be dealing with the LAX-it shuttle or the LAX-it lot or the crowds of de-planing passengers or airport surcharges...BECAUSE they would be going from their hotel, NOT LAX.  Simpler.  Uber or Lyft could pick them up right at the hotel front door.

Edited by Bruin Steve

My quote for an Uber XL from San Pedro to Corona del Mat last week was $148 and it would take 45 minutes to show up. We took the first taxi in the line and it was $136, Prior to Covid, and I mean just as it was starting (March 2020) that same Uber XL was under $80 and a regular Uber was under $40.