Got my NCL Airfare. Ugh.

EvanBedar

5 hours ago, bortman23 said:

I feel like part of the reason for the undesirable flights/stop-overs is due what's going on with the airline industry (limited flights, over priced etc). Once things start to go back to how they were pre-pandemic we might start seeing things improve. NCL is always going to go with the lower cost flights, as long as they meet their guarantee. 

5 hours ago, EvanBedar said:

Not getting your flight itinerary until their last possible moment is definitely due to airlines' cancellations etc.  That's for sure.  But I doubt we'd ever see the itineraries stop being so cheap and inconvenient.  That's the whole purpose of them booking it; they want the absolute cheapest airfare.

I think part of the issue for the OP (and anyone embarking on a cruise in Tenerife) is that most of the capacity to the island is going to be along the lines of Ryanair or EasyJet... cut-rate holiday airlines for British tourists from airports without connections to flights from North America. You'd probably have better luck with flights to a major city/port, like Rome or Barcelona.

Separately, is it just me or is it weird that NCL is even sailing from Tenerife? I always thought that was the holiday spot 20-something kids got into drunken fistfights over sun loungers before vomiting in the pool? 

39 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I think part of the issue for the OP (and anyone embarking on a cruise in Tenerife) is that most of the capacity to the island is going to be along the lines of Ryanair or EasyJet... cut-rate holiday airlines for British tourists from airports without connections to flights from North America. You'd probably have better luck with flights to a major city/port, like Rome or Barcelona.

Separately, is it just me or is it weird that NCL is even sailing from Tenerife? I always thought that was the holiday spot 20-something kids got into drunken fistfights over sun loungers before vomiting in the pool? 

G’bye

1 minute ago, divincenzo said:

I have a 24 hour layover for my upcoming cruise, they issued these flights 13 days before departure. They probably did it on purpose because i called so much haha

I'm sorry that your experience is definitely not providing great selections of flights.

I hope the cruise is wonderful!

• Like 1

We have an upcoming cruise in Feb ( Dubai - Athens) flying out of LAX.  2 day pre/post cruise deviation.  We took the BOGO offer.  If we chose to pick our flights, It would be almost 4 times the amount NCL charged us ( I booked this cruise about 2 years out, so BOGO airfare was $850.00).  I have never had NCL chose my airfare.  I look at as an adventure.  There is only 1 non-stop from LA-Dubai ( I know NCL will not give that), but there are many flights with 1 stop layovers ranging from 1-20 hours.  I figure, depending on the length of the layover, I just MIGHT be able to tour a city I did not plan on visiting. Its all part of the adventure of travel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, if I ever take the NCL BOGO airfare, it's going to be for an international location where the cost is really high, and in that case, I'll even come out ahead if I have to pay for a few nights lodging for unexpected layovers. And really, aren't all international flight times terrible? LOL!

For U.S. based trips, though, I'll turn it down every time.

• Like 1

Just now, weltek said:

Yeah, if I ever take the NCL BOGO airfare, it's going to be for an international location where the cost is really high, and in that case, I'll even come out ahead if I have to pay for a few nights lodging for unexpected layovers. And really, aren't all international flight times terrible? LOL!

For U.S. based trips, though, I'll turn it down every time.

A non stop from Chicago to London on British Airways is outstanding.   You basically sleep the whole way.  Get upgraded to business class and you don't want the flight to end because now you have to start paying attention to your calls and emails again.