Explorer vs Serenade

Mimiunb

We are trying to pick between Explorer and serenade of the seas. Does Explorer not have a kids pool/slide area? I’m not seeing anything in my searches. I know the ship is bigger, I just wonder about things for my 4 and 5 year old. 
Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Mimiunb said:

We are trying to pick between Explorer and serenade of the seas. Does Explorer not have a kids pool/slide area? I’m not seeing anything in my searches. I know the ship is bigger, I just wonder about things for my 4 and 5 year old. 
Thank you!

Adventure Ocean. 

Check out Deck 12 aft on Explorer. Should be a few slides and a youth hot tub or two, along with Adventure Ocean. From what I saw on her last August, she never made her amplification, so there are a few videos out there from 2012 or so showing that area that should still be current. As @davekathy pointed out, Adventure Ocean should be great for them also. Explorer also has an ice rink, which Serenade does not, so bring long pants for the kids and socks. Not sure if they are old enough for the flow rider (also just on Explorer). Both have rock walls. Serenade will most likely have far fewer children their age, Ocean Adventure might be pretty empty on Serenade. For a 4 and 5 year old, Explorer hands down.

Recently on Serenade with young grandkids...There is a small slide into a water feature behind AO on deck #12. Not a lot for young kids to do but their AO is available. I would opt for Explorer.