Pride back to Baltimore in '24

pogoism9

Yes, Pride is coming back! I figured out why:

Legend needs a dry dock in April 2024. Transatlantics to Europe happen in April. If Pride was to do Europe, then Pride and Legend would be crossing the ocean at the same time. (Legend without passengers) So then Carnival saw that it makes more sense for Legend to do the Europe cruises since Legend will be there already for the dry dock. It saves fuel and makes more sense. So Pride will be in Baltimore for the 2024 summer and Legend in Europe for summer 2024. Legend will return to Baltimore in the fall of 2024 because Pride's Baltimore cruises are only scheduled through October. Legend would be back in early November, so it lines up.

Summary:

Pride: Baltimore summer, back to Tampa in fall

Legend: Europe summer, dry dock early summer, back to Baltimore in fall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Yes, Pride is coming back! I figured out why:

Legend needs a dry dock in April 2024. Transatlantics to Europe happen in April. If Pride was to do Europe, then Pride and Legend would be crossing the ocean at the same time. (Legend without passengers) So then Carnival saw that it makes more sense for Legend to do the Europe cruises since Legend will be there already for the dry dock. It saves fuel and makes more sense. So Pride will be in Baltimore for the 2024 summer and Legend in Europe for summer 2024. Legend will return to Baltimore in the fall of 2024 because Pride's Baltimore cruises are only scheduled through October. Legend would be back in early November, so it lines up.

Summary:

Pride: Baltimore summer, back to Tampa in fall

Legend: Europe summer, dry dock early summer, back to Baltimore in fall.

Makes sense to me. We're looking to do Europe in 2024, so we'll be happy with the Legend. 😎

• Like 3

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Looked at those as well. Pricey though. 😎

They are, so I figured I will save my Milestone benefit to help offset it! 😎 Gotta pay for that Cheers package!  😜  DH has been wanting to see Greenland, so this is perfect. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

They are, so I figured I will save my Milestone benefit to help offset it! 😎 Gotta pay for that Cheers package!  😜  DH has been wanting to see Greenland, so this is perfect. 

That's a great plan! Don't think I'll get to my 75th Milestone cruise by then, but that's the type of cruise I would use it on. 😎

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jamman54 said:

Makes sense to me. We're looking to do Europe in 2024, so we'll be happy with the Legend. 😎

We are scheduled to cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore in January of '25