Port of Miami, COVID, Sky...

Swells1

Sailing on the Sky this Sunday, and I'm so looking forward to my first cruise in almost three years!

I had a pretty ugly cold last week, and I've all but recovered. I'm at that gross phase, though, where I'm still coughing like an old man and my nose is running like a track star. (Sorry for the visual.)  The cough is (somewhat) manageable as long as I can stay hydrated.

I have this irrational fear that my cough is going to catch everyone's attention and the guys in hazmat suits are going to drag me away "Outbreak"-style. Can someone reassure me that this isn't going to happen?

Also, is there a vending area inside the terminal at Miami where I can get water whilst I wait to board the ship? I can bring lozenges, but prefer water.

TIA, guys!!

1 minute ago, Swells1 said:

Sailing on the Sky this Sunday, and I'm so looking forward to my first cruise in almost three years!

I had a pretty ugly cold last week, and I've all but recovered. I'm at that gross phase, though, where I'm still coughing like an old man and my nose is running like a track star. (Sorry for the visual.)  The cough is (somewhat) manageable as long as I can stay hydrated.

I have this irrational fear that my cough is going to catch everyone's attention and the guys in hazmat suits are going to drag me away "Outbreak"-style. Can someone reassure me that this isn't going to happen?

Also, is there a vending area inside the terminal at Miami where I can get water whilst I wait to board the ship? I can bring lozenges, but prefer water.

TIA, guys!!

Take some cough medicine. Cough drop. Etc to get through check in and boarding. 

There are no vending machines in the new Miami terminal. 

• Like 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Take some cough medicine. Cough drop. Etc to get through check in and boarding. 

There are no vending machines in the new Miami terminal. 

I definitely will. Thanks for the quick reply!!

26 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

Also, is there a vending area inside the terminal at Miami where I can get water whilst I wait to board the ship?

They had a water dispenser in the waiting lounge when I boarded the Joy in March.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yeah... "just a cold" isn't always just a cold. I fell victim to that logic once. Got tested 'just to be sure' so I could put anyone else's concerns at bay only to test positive and be put in cruising jail.

We now pack some tests when we travel so that we can test ourselves. This way we can self isolate,  and not go to cruising jail. We also bring a bottle of cough medicine in addition to our usual medicine kit. I agree that it isn't always "just a cold" or "just allergies".