Cost of phoning Azamara

Richteab

The Azamara U.K. web site gives a U.K. number that links to the US at a charge that is claimed to be no more than calling a domestic / geographical number, which should therefore be free of charge on most calling plans. 

True, up to a point, but BT and other calling plans are only free up to 60 minutes and time on hold to Azamara is typically well over an hour, so the call is chargeable not just for the excess over 60 minutes but for the total time.

The customer service staff are great, but the call system sucks.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Richteab said:

The Azamara U.K. web site gives a U.K. number that links to the US at a charge that is claimed to be no more than calling a domestic / geographical number, which should therefore be free of charge on most calling plans. 

True, up to a point, but BT and other calling plans are only free up to 60 minutes and time on hold to Azamara is typically well over an hour, so the call is chargeable not just for the excess over 60 minutes but for the total time.

Yep found that out the hard way.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Richteab said:

You make a great point. I hadn't thought of that. They need to sort this ridiculous issue soon. 

Phil 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Skype is your friend.

If you are paying for BT charges, it's your own fault for not utilizing other systems.

It's not ones own fault. It is an Azamara resourcing issue. Not everyone is techy. To have to find out about and use another system like Skype just to call Azamara is silly. I have no need to use it for anything else. 

Phil 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Skype is your friend.

If you are paying for BT charges, it's your own fault for not utilizing other systems.

Not everyone has access to WiFi calling through no fault of there own. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 4

We’ve had quite a lot of interaction with Azamara recently and have not had to wait longer than 10 minutes to speak to anyone. We have just made an onboard booking, talking to Future Cruise onboard he agreed the trick is to always choose new booking from the options you’re going to speak to the same people who can deal with any problems. There has been a lot of new recruitment recently which is improving the situation, but my opinion is that the limitations are that it’s still Royal Caribbean’s phone system and choosing the other options send you into a queuing process.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Riocca said:

We’ve had quite a lot of interaction with Azamara recently and have not had to wait longer than 10 minutes to speak to anyone. We have just made an onboard booking, talking to Future Cruise onboard he agreed the trick is to always choose new booking from the options you’re going to speak to the same people who can deal with any problems. There has been a lot of new recruitment recently which is improving the situation, but my opinion is that the limitations are that it’s still Royal Caribbean’s phone system and choosing the other options send you into a queuing process.

I know it's anecdotal and comes from social media, but the long wait times seem to be very much of now.  My own personal experience from three months ago was very long wait times. 

Phil 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know it's anecdotal and comes from social media, but the long wait times seem to be very much of now.  My own personal experience from three months ago was very long wait times. 

Phil 

My experience too - the waits are very long and the only saving grace is the high quality of the Customer Service staff when you do finally get through.

• Like 1