Has anyone on NCL gifted themselves OBC ?

Jetswdo

14 hours ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

If it goes back to the credit card, AMEX might pull back the bonus offer.

Exactly.  The Amex offer came out one week after I paid off final balance for my February cruise.  Asked TA if I could change credit card and she said yes.  But NCL said no one week later and took off the charge so Amex in turn took off the $350 credit.  We had a hell of a time reinstating the Amex offer but they finally said they would but

I don't have another NCL cruise booked and must use the offer by 12/31.  So I'm hoping to pay the gratuities with it and get back the difference in cash or check.

14 hours ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

If it goes back to the credit card, AMEX might pull back the bonus offer.

That was my concern as well. We did the FAS+ upgrade plus $325 in OBC for our cruise next Saturday to get the AMEX $1k requirement for the $350 back. We also got about $200 refunded to a different credit card that we used for our four NCL excursions (2nd person credit from FAS+).

40 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Interesting the comment that NCL will refund unused refundable OBC but just in cash.  I would think it would be easier for them just to put back on credit card.  Hmm.

Might be administratively easier but definitely not cheaper. They’ve a lot of cash on those ships so getting rid of some of it in the form of refunds to guests is cheaper and more secure for them than having to lodge it shore-side.  Also card processing companies charge businesses fairly significant fees on large refunds.  I just got an email at work from our card processor that all the fees are going up, again! 

• Like 1