Free goodies for a new ship or port?

EngIceDave

Was doing some spring cleaning (I'm late, sue me) and ran across these. Wife and I were on the inaugural Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. 

Ever go on an inaugural cruise ship, itinerary or port and receive free goodies from it? Does Carnival do stuff like this on their inaugural cruises?

Each night after dinner when we returned to our cabin, a new goodie was on our bed each night. If I remember correctly, we got these hats, towels, special pins and a few more goodies.

IMG_0656.thumb.JPG.afb6301fa6c9889d05b445895c7d5e83.JPGIMG_0657.thumb.JPG.7e24c14aae07a0002d1995b53624aa4a.JPG  

• Like 1

I was on the 2nd sailing of RCL Serenade of the Seas (9/2003) and we got a lot of stuff similar to this including the once sought after computer Aqua Mouse.  Must have been leftovers from the inaugural!

A fun trip celebrating my 50th birthday and the only time that I sailed a ship that was truly brand new.

Everything was immaculate and  I can still remember the "new car smell"  of the ship/

Good memories!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Curious as to what Carnival deems as the inaugural cruise.  Is it the trans Atlantic or is it the first sailing out of the home port.

I’m not sure, but I think the books were given out on the Mardi Gras for the whole inaugural season. 

6 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

I can move to Ask a Cruise Question but would like to keep here if will stay on topic for Carnival.  Things have changed over the years, interesting to see what Carnival has done in the past too

I wasn't sure, but was kind of hoping to be more Carnival specific as that is my preferred cruise line

58 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Curious as to what Carnival deems as the inaugural cruise.  Is it the trans Atlantic or is it the first sailing out of the home port.

On that Royal, we were the first "revenue passengers" is how it was explained to me, because they did have the usual VIP runs and a travel agent sailing or two.

On Mardi Gras, we got a coffee table book for the stateroom and inaugural season lanyards for everyone in the cabin. There was also merch you could buy that was what the crew/Fun Squad were given, so I bought a Mardi Gras Inaugural Season jacket (John Heald wears the similar style in his videos) for like $40.