RoyalUp on Enchantment

I did a quick search of RoyalUp but couldn't find an answer specific to my question. I am sailing on Enchantment in three days and just got an email today that my RoyalUp bid was not yet accepted but could still be accepted by the onboard staff up to the time we leave port.

I am new to this process and am trying to decide if I should increase my bid or not. My search of the boards showed mixed results in bids ultimately being accepted or rejected as of departure, but no one talked about whether or not they increased their bid last minute.

I am assuming that if I'm getting this email it is because my original bid was in the top percentage for the room type and they are trying to see if anyone increases their offer last minute (it would be a very nice upgrade for very cheap, even if I doubled my offer). But some posts I have seen say that this email means there are no more upgrades to give and it is now based on cancellations. 

Any thoughts or advice? I would happily increase my bid if I'm at the tipping point but also don't want to get hopes up if this is just RCI keeping us on the hook.

1 hour ago, TribeHokie said:

I am assuming that if I'm getting this email it is because my original bid was in the top percentage for the room type and they are trying to see if anyone increases their offer last minute. But some posts I have seen say that this email means there are no more upgrades to give and it is now based on cancellations. 

Any thoughts or advice? 

All of the answers you see here are speculations since no one knows the details of how Plusgrade handles the process. Most likely everyone gets that email and it could indicate no more “regular “ upgrades or more likely an automated mailing at a certain time period from sailing regardless of inventory- it is certainly no indication of your rank in bidding. 

7 hours ago, TribeHokie said:

I am assuming that if I'm getting this email it is because my original bid was in the top percentage for the room type and they are trying to see if anyone increases their offer last minute (it would be a very nice upgrade for very cheap, even if I doubled my offer). 

The question really is if its really important to you for the upgrade?  You will never know whether it was because of your increase of the bid or if you were going to win anyways, so your only recourse is to make the decision based on the available information.  If you doubling your bid still results in a cheap upgrade, then how much is the upgrade worth to you.  If you are happy with the original room assignment, don't increase your bid.  If you rather have an upgrade, increase the bid, because if you lose, or its not available, you don't spend anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TribeHokie said:

The one that I got the email for is also the one that we bid highest over the minimum.

Again, that is likely more of a coincidence of how the automated emails are sent. Given the inventory for your sailing, look for the denial email by 8PM after sail away.