Vibe on Embarkation Day

MNSunseeker

35 minutes ago, grobma said:

Following as I was thinking that the Vibe might be a good place for sail away. Sailing from NYC in December so don't expect the hot tubs to be open 😁

I'd be totally disappointed if the hot tubs aren't open in December! That's the perfect time to relax in one, especially as the snow is falling and you have a mug of delicious warmth next to you. 

• Like 1

We prefer to go to Vibe for sail away.    In the past, we had to get a separate card to enter the Vibe which they gave you if you were one of the fortunate ones to secure a pass on embarkation day.   However, this past September, our cabin card opened the Vibe door as they are no longer using the additional card.   We went straight to the Vibe after our lunch at The Local.

Thank you so much for this thread!

It is the first time my dh and I have Vibe passes (Joy-July 30) since we usually sail in Haven.

I'm excited this sounds like a great and fun place for sailaway.

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you so much for this thread!

It is the first time my dh and I have Vibe passes (Joy-July 30) since we usually sail in Haven.

I'm excited this sounds like a great and fun place for sailaway.

Thank you!

The only time we did not get Vibe passes was when we sailed in a Haven suite this past February on the Joy.    We regretted it by day three.   You will love it.

29 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'd be totally disappointed if the hot tubs aren't open in December! That's the perfect time to relax in one, especially as the snow is falling and you have a mug of delicious warmth next to you. 

You got that right!  While we don't do public hot tubs, private tubs the only time we use them are in the winter!  Typically after a day on the slopes or other cold weather fun.

Full disclosure.  I did not read the replies to your question.  Here is my experience.

When you book the Vibe on Embarkment Day, they give you a new Suite Card that opens the Vibe door and a wristband that is worthless because no one ever checks it.  

The difference when you pre-book your Vibe Beach Club pre-cruise is, when you get your Suite Card the Vibe entry is already on your card.  The wrist band is sent to your room later.  

My approach.  When not in the Haven, I use the Vibe under the umbrella of Haven Lite.  I find the elevator, stairs to get to the entry door, if my card does not open it, I knock. I have never been denied entry from the moment I get on board.  The Vibe is going to be my "go to" point for the entire week.  I bring a change of clothes in my back back, find a lounge chair, make friends with the staff and this time I have a reserved Cabana.  

I might have over answered you question because I am so excited that I will be cruising in 30 days.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1