Passport question....

mommyz

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

We had facial recognition last week when we disembarked in miami.  It was wonderful.  From the time we walked off the ship to a cab had to be no more than 5-10 minutes.  

We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale next month.  Does anyone know if they have facial recognition?

Yes.  It is very expedited with a passport.

Just remember only an enhanced driver's license works.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:09 AM, NJRonbo said:

Might as well ask here...

Doing a closed loop to Bermuda on the Summit (NJ -> Bermuda -> NJ)

Is a Passport required?

You know, there's probably situations where it isn't "required", as long as everything goes as planned. However, 1 hiccup that requires you to fly back to the US from another Country and you don't have a passport - you'd probably be adding unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation. Get the passport, pay a bit extra for expedited and you'll have it in less than a month, usually. **Your mileage may vary.  The preceding statement was not authorized by any component of the United States State Department or United States Government. Viva la America! 

1 hour ago, dateacher said:

I actually forgot my passport (don't ask how).   I had my son scan my birth certificate directly to security at the terminal and that sufficed to get on the ship for a closed loop trip. 

Am glad that worked.  Am also glad nothing went wrong.  We ended up in Barbados when we missed our cruise due to a flight cancellation.  7 hours in the Barbados airport until the cruiseline and a person from the consulate came with emergency passports.  Not good.  

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 7:20 PM, dateacher said:

I actually forgot my passport (don't ask how).   I had my son scan my birth certificate directly to security at the terminal and that sufficed to get on the ship for a closed loop trip. 

How was it returning to the US with customs? Did they accept a scanned document?