When does DMW open and booking for 8

CruzerDeb

Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked and answered multiple times …

How long before sailing can I book my dinner reservations? Traveling with 3 other couples (I have them linked in the Medallion as travel companions) and would like to get a table for 8 each night in the MDR. 

After making this reservation, what happens when a couple wants to book specialty for one night? Would that cancel the rest of us?

12 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked and answered multiple times …

How long before sailing can I book my dinner reservations? Traveling with 3 other couples (I have them linked in the Medallion as travel companions) and would like to get a table for 8 each night in the MDR. 

After making this reservation, what happens when a couple wants to book specialty for one night? Would that cancel the rest of us?

It should be open. I’ve booked mine out to the end of 2023 on cruises.

If you have a table for 8 and a couple decides on a SD, the can tell the waiter and the Maitre’d/Dir Food Ops. If you are keeping the same table/time every night, they won’t have to change your table to a table for 6.  

• Thanks 1

It all depends on the ship/MDR whether or not you can actually get a table for 8.  Very recently had this exact scenario and just could not find any reservation time or MDR that would accommodate all 8.  Finally just booked for 6 and come dinner time we would all 8 show up.  They had no problem "adjusting" for the extra 2 people.  My personal opinion...those dining reservations are not much better than the pre-cruise Arrival Groups!  They are just an attempt to spread people around...there is NOTHING about them that is set in stone!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

How long before sailing can I book my dinner reservations?

I think (but I could be remembering wrong, or they could have changed it) that if you are Platinum or Elite you can make reservations as soon as you book, if not its after final payment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

I think (but I could be remembering wrong, or they could have changed it) that if you are Platinum or Elite you can make reservations as soon as you book, if not its after final payment.

We’re 216 days out and not platinum or elite. I was able to make reservations this morning.