Not allowing start of check in

DaggoB

The NCL app shows 21 days to go. Trying to check in and it keeps telling me online check in can be completed starting at 21 days. Computer,tablet, and I phone all the same. Tried chat with an agent and I get no agents available try again later. I am on the west coast .Do I have to wait until midnight? Everything I have read on cruise critic states to do it at 12:01 eastern time , 9:01 Pacific. 
Thank you

I ran into the same issue last night when I tried to check in at 9:01 PST on all my various devices. I was finally able to begin check in at 10:00 PST. I don’t know why. Just give it a try at 10:00. Best of luck!

That worked

I was one third through my check in and the app went to- our system is undergoing maintenance, service unavailable until 4am eastern time. Thank you for your patience.
Typical for NCL

Edited by DaggoB
Put in wrong time

I’m sorry to hear that. Once I’d responded I wasn’t sure if the time change might cause any sort of other complications. Best of luck getting the rest completed. On a more positive note, if you can’t get through then nobody else can either (taking early check in times). 😁

Just out of curiosity… why does everyone on here seems so keen on checking in the exact second it is enabled? I mean people disuss the exact minutes and seconds even when it is in the middle of the night.

Is there anything I miss? Is there a disadvantage if I check in 20, 10 or 5 days out instead of 21 sharp

3 hours ago, Phil265 said:

Just out of curiosity… why does everyone on here seems so keen on checking in the exact second it is enabled? I mean people disuss the exact minutes and seconds even when it is in the middle of the night.

Is there anything I miss? Is there a disadvantage if I check in 20, 10 or 5 days out instead of 21 sharp

When you check in, you are able to select your arrival time at the pier. The longer you wait to check in, the less chance you may have of being able to select your preferred arrival time. 

5 hours ago, DaggoB said:

The NCL app shows 21 days to go. Trying to check in and it keeps telling me online check in can be completed starting at 21 days. Computer,tablet, and I phone all the same. Tried chat with an agent and I get no agents available try again later. I am on the west coast .Do I have to wait until midnight? Everything I have read on cruise critic states to do it at 12:01 eastern time , 9:01 Pacific. 
Thank you

Even for folks on the East Coast, the system doesn’t always open up at 12:01am, even though your reservation on every device you have now says 21 days to go and tells you to check in.  You can push the “check in” button all you like, but nothing will happen.   

On 11/6/2022 at 1:20 AM, Phil265 said:

For me it is the excitement of taking one more step toward my cruise

• Like 1