Florida Tropical Storm

Harrisonkid

We're supposed to be on the Summit that is scheduled to depart tomorrow (11/10) from Miami but when I checked the Port of Miami website it looks like the ship is still scheduled to arrive in Miami at 6 tomorrow but it notes that it won't depart Miami until Friday (11/11) at 4   https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/SSRSReportDock.aspx

I've checked the Celebrity website and haven't seen anything noted.   Has anyone heard anything or is there anyone currently on the Summit who had some additional information on when the ship will arrive in Miami.    

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Nicole is forecasted to hit eastern FL, not west coast where Tampa is located.

The problem is, it it predicted to cut across the state, causing high winds and storm surges on the West side around Tampa,  too.

Screenshot_20221109-082233_kindlephoto-1231488418.png

Edited by Smmessineo

1 hour ago, Panzano said:

We're supposed to be on the Summit that is scheduled to depart tomorrow (11/10) from Miami but when I checked the Port of Miami website it looks like the ship is still scheduled to arrive in Miami at 6 tomorrow but it notes that it won't depart Miami until Friday (11/11) at 4   https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/SSRSReportDock.aspx

I've checked the Celebrity website and haven't seen anything noted.   Has anyone heard anything or is there anyone currently on the Summit who had some additional information on when the ship will arrive in Miami.    

It gives me error when I click on the link.  The storm now shows coming in at midnight tonight and closer to boynton beach and vero.  I’m supposed to sail on the summit to but haven’t heard anything.

18 minutes ago, misand said:

It gives me error when I click on the link.  The storm now shows coming in at midnight tonight and closer to boynton beach and vero.  I’m supposed to sail on the summit to but haven’t heard anything.

Sorry, try this link:  

https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/SSRSReportDock.aspx

18 minutes ago, carolina_yankee said:

Interestingly, FLL has not announced any closures yet. Same for MIA. The announced closures are for MCO and smaller airports in the central Eastern portion of the state.

I know it's not from an official gov't source, but the Weather Network is showing some promising news about impacts to flights that seems to align with info from NCH.

Miami Airport:

image.thumb.png.397da5fde3301d1d3be581538b09725b.png

FLL:image.thumb.png.762c4e6ea92b94472368931d697c56d5.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

I know it's not from an official gov't source, but the Weather Network is showing some promising news about impacts to flights that seems to align with info from NCH.

Miami Airport:

image.thumb.png.397da5fde3301d1d3be581538b09725b.png

FLL:image.thumb.png.762c4e6ea92b94472368931d697c56d5.png

I like this!   Hopefully it goes through quick!

3 hours ago, Panzano said:

We are currently on Summit. This morning Captain announced Port of Miami closed and will keep us updated as he receives info from port. We are still proceeding to Miami. Fingers crossed! 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, REEtired said:

We are currently on Summit. This morning Captain announced Port of Miami closed and will keep us updated as he receives info from port. We are still proceeding to Miami. Fingers crossed! 

FLL & MIA ports closed last night. 

Word is they expect to open tomorrow.

2 Holland cruises were set to disembark today but get an extra sea day!

2 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Interestingly, FLL has not announced any closures yet. Same for MIA. The announced closures are for MCO and smaller airports in the central Eastern portion of the state.

According to flightaware, no major delays/cancellations currently.

Weather will deteriorate as today progresses, but improve tomorrow, so this is a quickie. 

Edited by KKB

18 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

Just me changing hotels and driving routes after every hurricane advisory.....

image.thumb.png.a571228729f86a76726c0b92ef3dd207.png

LOL, Monday night all looked fine watching evening national news.

By 9PM, weatherchannel.com, things did NOT look so good for Friday...

Called SWA, changed flight from Fri to Tues eve.

Tues morning, Friday looks good & Tues eve not as much...

Called SWA, changed flight BACK to Fri (better flight times too!)

Cripes!

14 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Nicole is forecasted to hit eastern FL, not west coast where Tampa is located.

Actually we are under a tropical storm warning. That’s why I’m surprised flight changes aren’t allowed at Tampa. 

Tiki_Man and I will be on the Apex with Carolina Yankee on Saturday, but our travel has already taken a turn. I had a work conference on Amelia Island that was to have started right about now. We live in the north Georgia mountains and set out early this morning for Amelia. Got within 20 miles and received the notification that  there is to be a mandatory evacuation, the Ritz was closing at 2:00, and the meeting was cancelled.

We knew that we were taking a calculated risk setting out this morning, but I am still glad that we won’t be driving as the storm heads north into Georgia. So instead of the Ritz, we will be spending the next few days at a Hampton Inn in central Florida! (Now I really am hoping to win my bid for a suite!)

Safe travels to all!

Hi Everyone:

I received an email from Celebrity this evening.  This is for those sailing on the SUMMIT out of Miami tomorrow.  Hope this helps.

Safe travels to all of you!

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest, 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Summit® for your 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise departing tomorrow, from Miami, Florida. Before you arrive to the pier, we have some important information to share with you.   

Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, the Port of Miami was closed today, however, it is expected to be open tomorrow morning by 9:00AM.

To make your embarkation smooth and seamless we ask that you do the following:

• Please do not arrive early to the terminal or within your selected arrival window. Instead, arrive one hour later.
  •  If you have not completed Online Check-in please do so.
  • If you do not have a selected arrival time and have not completed Online Check-in we ask that you arrive after 12:00 PM.

The ship is still scheduled to sail according to the original itinerary at this time, and all guests must be checked in by 3:00 PM.

The weather may be questionable in the early hours and a shift south could impact arrival and driving conditions. Please drive safely and with caution.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can’t wait to Journey WonderFULL with you in the Caribbean. We will see you soon!

    

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

Edited by IsItTimeToCruiseYet?
Typo
  • Like 1