Quick review..millennium in the southern Caribbean

Lialovestotravel

55 minutes ago, Lialovestotravel said:

Thank you!  Japan would be such a cool cruise. 😍  Enjoy your cruise!

We are doing 12 Day Best of Japan on Millie next November.  We've rescheduled this cruise a couple of times but looks, at least for the moment, this time is a go.   So looking forward to it. I've not been to Japan since 1990. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Nice review.

The millennium will always have a special place in our heart. It is where we took our first cruise and we renewed our vows after 25 years.

We went on a West Coast wine cruise that sailed from Vancouver British Columbia to San Diego.

DB1B7E55-30D4-4408-AA5E-8CD578253FC9.jpeg

We went on the same cruise and it was amazing 

• Like 1

Love your review, Lia!  We will be sailing on the Millennium for the first time in March.  Our 1st Celebrity voyage.  It's a 7-day itinerary out of San Juan - Tortola, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados & Grenada.  We haven't been to any of the ports except San Juan, so it will be nice to see some new places we could potentially return to later...

We're kind of pale folks, so it's a mixture of beach time (in the shade!) and hiking/walking for us...  Did some nice hikes on a recent visit to St. John, USVI - lovely trails there.  As far as shipboard activities go, we kind of like to do our own thing.  I'm neutral on shows - have seen some good & some not.  How were the activities on the Millennium?  Any favorites or duds?

Thanks again for the amazing review!  Glad you had fun!  🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are doing 12 Day Best of Japan on Millie next November.  We've rescheduled this cruise a couple of times but looks, at least for the moment, this time is a go.   So looking forward to it. I've not been to Japan since 1990. 

Wow!  Have a fantastic time!

2 hours ago, BruinBuckeye said:

Love your review, Lia!  We will be sailing on the Millennium for the first time in March.  Our 1st Celebrity voyage.  It's a 7-day itinerary out of San Juan - Tortola, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados & Grenada.  We haven't been to any of the ports except San Juan, so it will be nice to see some new places we could potentially return to later...

We're kind of pale folks, so it's a mixture of beach time (in the shade!) and hiking/walking for us...  Did some nice hikes on a recent visit to St. John, USVI - lovely trails there.  As far as shipboard activities go, we kind of like to do our own thing.  I'm neutral on shows - have seen some good & some not.  How were the activities on the Millennium?  Any favorites or duds?

Those sound like some great ports!  Hope you love Millie!  I didn’t feel like the shows were as good as Norwegian, but I’d take a smaller ship with mediocre singers over big with better entertainers any day of the week.  And they weren’t terrible, it just seemed like the 3 or 4 theater shows were basically all very similar revues.  Could we get something besides a medley of popular songs?  One the plus side, the aerialists were beautiful to watch, the comedian was decent, and the live music at the pool and around the ship was good.  The movies on the top deck were fun & there was trivia and games.  We didn’t join in on a lot..tended to be in port or at the pool, but we were happy with that.  As a pale person I loved the solarium pool!  I’m sure you will find plenty (or nothing if you wish) to do.  Happy travels!

Thanks for sharing. I'm on the Millennium RIGHT NOW, so that means I'm two weeks behind you. We have the same itinerary. I haven't asked how many passengers there are. I'm afraid to find out. I think it's more than half full, but not crowded by any means.

Despite being on the same cruise at (almost) the same time, my perspective on things is quite different. I'm too busy enjoying the cruise to do a review now, but maybe I'll sum things up once I get home.

• Like 2

Can you answer a question for me?  In comparing Millennium with Eclipse, it seems the rooms are smaller on the Milli for the same category room, e.g. Aqua vs Aqua, Sky Suite vs Sky Suite, etc.  Was that your experience as well? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BruinBuckeye said:

We did that exact itinerary in Nov 2019 on the Summit - it was a great cruise. Feel free to ask me any port questions if you wish.... Barbados was (and will be again soon) definitely a beach spot for us as you can even walk to the beach from the ship if you wish - and it's gorgeous as the OP has attested to!  

• Like 2

We will be om Mille. out of San Juan Feb. 2023 for B2B cruises. Thank you for all the Photos! 😊

We have grown tired of going through MIA airport and thought we would try a B2B out of San Juan because you are already closer to the Islands when you sail from there?

Mille. is one of our Favorite X ships and we must have sailed her a lot (5 times in 14 months) because some of the staff have started to recognize us an greet us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Can you answer a question for me?  In comparing Millennium with Eclipse, it seems the rooms are smaller on the Milli for the same category room, e.g. Aqua vs Aqua, Sky Suite vs Sky Suite, etc.  Was that your experience as well? 

I’m sure someone else will be able to help you, but I have only been on Millie..sorry!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, D. B. said:

We will be om Mille. out of San Juan Feb. 2023 for B2B cruises. Thank you for all the Photos! 😊

We have grown tired of going through MIA airport and thought we would try a B2B out of San Juan because you are already closer to the Islands when you sail from there?

Mille. is one of our Favorite X ships and we must have sailed her a lot (5 times in 14 months) because some of the staff have started to recognize us an greet us. 

Enjoy!  One of the couples we met stayed on for this week too, we were a bit jealous, lol.  The staff was always lovely to us!