Last minute moveover offer from Princess

BB8241

7 minutes ago, anji21 said:

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience.

This is an example of a "Move Over Offer"  It's my first time to receive this offer, so I did research first. Don't know how one gets selected, probably starting with those without cabin assignment.

Obviously this trip is overbooked and I had a guaranteed mini-suite (it was less expensive than a balcony during booking (? - as I usually book balcony). 

I wasn't given an assigned room yet.

So I received the offer via email yesterday - the offer is for a 7 day future cruise for free and my current payment for this 4 day Thanksgiving cruise is transferred to my new cruise as refundable cruise credit (any unused amount is mailed back as a check). I still kept all the other amenities, such as Princess Plus, OBC from original cruise, SH OBC (didn't have to apply again). They also have a $400 allowance for personal travel expense. 

Essentially, my future 7 day cruise is FREE +(plus) I get a refund for the 4 day Thanksgiving cruise fare.

Note that they transfer the tax and port fees to the new cruise - no refund here. Sometimes they offer a cabin upgrade, but not in my offer (ex. inside to oceanview or balcony). But they did upgrade the type of mini-suite. 

If you receive this offer (via email only), don't hesitate to accept it (after finding your next dream vacation). The new cruise did not have a single occupant discount, so basically they covered my double occupancy rate.

Good to hear that they are still doing real moveover offers!  Congratulation!

We got a terrific one pre-pandemic and jumped on it as did our friends.  We moved from a 14 day South America cruise and were given one or two cruises up to 18 days total in an upgraded cabin with "protection" for EZAir, Princess insurance, and port fees.  That basically meant that if any of these items for the replacement cruise was more than what we paid, they would eat the difference.  If it was less, we would get a refund.  Amazingly the latter turned out to be the case for us.  And we got the money we paid in cruise fare back as refundable OBC on the first cruise.  We picked an 11 day cruise from Singapore and a 7 day Alaska cruise.  We ended up in a full suite for both and our friends were in a mini suite.  Incredible deal!

• Like 3

We once were offered a move over offer.  Less than 48 hours before sailing.  We didn't take it.

Anyhow, we were in a window suite, 4 of us.  It was cheaper than 2 insides and at the very beginning of club class.  We all had the drink package (before princess plus), prepaid gratuities and a small amount of onboard.  

It was the first Norther California coastal.  7 days out of San Francisco.  We had booked 2 years in advance at normal prices.  I guess demand for the cruise went off the charts. princess kept raising the price, but the ship filled up in a couple of weeks.  And it was my youngest daughters first cruise.  We all worked and synchronizing vacation was a feat. 

First we were offered a full refund and 2 balcony rooms on an upcoming 10 day Mexican.  I asked if we would still have club class dining and suite dining on the 'free' cruise. Nope.  I asked if we'd receive double cruise credits.  Again, Nope.  I asked if we could have the family suite instead of 2 balcony rooms.  Still Nope.  I asked if we could have ANY suite.  Another Nope.  Then I asked if we'd still have the 'free' booze package (TA promo) and prepaid grats.  Told me I'd have to take that up with the TA since it was their promo.

We noped right out.

20 hours later, I was called again, with them offering everything I'd asked for and an additional 50% of the fare in on-board if we'd take the 10 day Mexican instead of the 7 day Northern CA coastal.  The agent starting throwing out more and more and I finally said Too late.  We went on the cruise we had planned for years, had a blast and didn't regret anything.   

• Like 4

21 hours ago, anji21 said:

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience.

This is an example of a "Move Over Offer"  It's my first time to receive this offer, so I did research first. Don't know how one gets selected, probably starting with those without cabin assignment.

Obviously this trip is overbooked and I had a guaranteed mini-suite (it was less expensive than a balcony during booking (? - as I usually book balcony). 

I wasn't given an assigned room yet.

So I received the offer via email yesterday - the offer is for a 7 day future cruise for free and my current payment for this 4 day Thanksgiving cruise is transferred to my new cruise as refundable cruise credit (any unused amount is mailed back as a check). I still kept all the other amenities, such as Princess Plus, OBC from original cruise, SH OBC (didn't have to apply again). They also have a $400 allowance for personal travel expense. 

Essentially, my future 7 day cruise is FREE +(plus) I get a refund for the 4 day Thanksgiving cruise fare.

Note that they transfer the tax and port fees to the new cruise - no refund here. Sometimes they offer a cabin upgrade, but not in my offer (ex. inside to oceanview or balcony). But they did upgrade the type of mini-suite. 

If you receive this offer (via email only), don't hesitate to accept it (after finding your next dream vacation). The new cruise did not have a single occupant discount, so basically they covered my double occupancy rate.

Woohoo for you!!! 

• Thanks 1