Beyond Spa - Quality of Services?

Guest 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8

Inquiring to hear from anyone about their experience with spa treatments and staff.

Did you enjoy it? What did you like? What did you not like?

Not concerned about pricing. It is understandable that apples-to-apples pricing compared with a land-based spa is going to have a premium price.

My husband and I usually go to the spa at least once per cruise. We have never had a bad experience. Within the past 8 months we were on Apex and Edge. I usually will do a facial, hubby does massage. Staff has been very nice. Some complaints from others are they try to push you to buy products. We have used  Elemis products for years. We don't feel we have ever been pressured to purchase. We enjoy the experience and will be in Beyond next week...in the spa.

5 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Some complaints from others are they try to push you to buy products.

Of course-- it's " Sell, Sell, and then Sell 'em more "!

Holy cow, a few years ago on the Reflection :

She ( a gorgeous young lady ) turned a Free 5 minute message into a $357 sale-- 

First, she twisted me into a pretzel , then, around the 4 minute 60 second mark, stepped back and asked me if I was aware etc,etc, then explained something about X,Yand Z and that she would be able to " fix " it.

Luckily for me, she was able (?) to offer a 15% discount IF, etc etc.

( I know a good deal when I see one ).

Long story short---- By the time I got back to our cabin I had a bag full of " Exclusive to Celebrity" products ( 15% off ) and -----when " You Know Who " heard about it----Watch out!!

LOL--- All I remember was " HOW COULD YOU BE SO DUMB-- DON'T YOU KNOW , ETC ,ETC" ??

( I didn't have such a good appetite that night at dinner ) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 5:32 PM, zitsky said:

I'm on the Beyond in May.  I always book massage ahead of time but I have some OBC coming from the TA.  Is it a mistake to wait, or could I expect to get a reasonable time if I booked onboard?

I just got off Silhouette, and I booked two massages while onboard, no trouble getting a reasonable time. In the last half of the cruise they also offered a discount for booking between 1 and 7pm. 

My masseuse was excellent, and I think I got off light on the upsells, partly because I already had purchased one of the products she was pushing. BTW, I just assumed the on-ship pricing was well above shoreside market. But I just checked Amazon for the Elemis product I purchased, and the price is the same as what I paid. So that's not bad.

From personal experience at the Beyond Spa last month: As ships gear up staffing there are some new, inexperienced spa staff.  Your services may not be to the level you expect or have enjoyed in the past. I was very disappointed. I’m not going into specifics here but if you’re not happy tell the Spa manager.