Port or Starboard, do you care?

EngIceDave

All of my cruises except my first one and two where I was in the middle (one was an aft balcony and the other I was in an interior "walkway" window view at the very front of the boat), I have been on starboard.  I have even tried to book port and our rooms got changed because they changed the boat.  

It only matters which side if I am getting a balcony. I love taking naps on the balcony on seas days. Since I burn easily, I select the side which will have the least amount of afternoon sun on the most sea days. As it turns out, I am right at 50/50 port and starboard regardless of stateroom category.

• Haha 2

On 11/10/2022 at 8:23 PM, Jenner9 said:

Interesting topic. I was wondering which side usually faces the port when docking. Is there any rhyme or reason to it? I am sailing Horizon to Southern Caribbean in August if that matters.

There is really no way to tell.  It depends on the particular berth that they get, what port it is, and a whole variety of things that I have no idea about.  Some ports they go front in and some they back in.

52 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

There is really no way to tell.  It depends on the particular berth that they get, what port it is, and a whole variety of things that I have no idea about.  Some ports they go front in and some they back in.

Certain ports such as Cozumel and Grand Turk have only one way of mooring the ship, at others it can be a crap shoot. Just have to do some research and hope you are right. If not, you are still in a balcony on a cruise. Lol.

Edited by Island Dog