Rowing machine in the gym on the Carnival Pride

FloridaMomKW

I'll have to say, the fitness center on the Pride looks super weirdly laid out and cramped based on the photos I was just looking at, but I think I found your answer. It looks like there's at least one rowing machine.

edit: maybe 2! link to second in a different photo/area

Edited by notscb
see edit

1 hour ago, FloridaMomKW said:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a rowing machine on the Pride. We will be on the Pride Feb. 4, 2023 for 8 days, and would like to  exercise to burn some of those calories, and rowing tends to work for me! 😂

thanks in advance!

Yes there is. 

Looks like a Model D with a PM5 so it will work with the ErgData app via Bluetooth and record your workout into your C2 logbook.  My suggestion it to take one of the equipment wipes and wipe down the rail if the rollers are leaving marks and also wipe down the chain.  And check the drag factor when setting the damper.  Dirty fan blades will affect your row.

Edited by crewsweeper

1 hour ago, notscb said:

I'll have to say, the fitness center on the Pride looks super weirdly laid out and cramped based on the photos I was just looking at, but I think I found your answer. It looks like there's at least one rowing machine.

edit: maybe 2! link to second in a different photo/area

Spirit Class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, & Miracle) have a multi level (stacked) fitness area vice one big floor area. So sometimes you have to look around to find the equipment you want. It's not always placed logically (like a circuit) but shoe-horned into the available space.

44 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

It's not always placed logically

It looks like (based on the photos) that you could easily hit your head while using some of those elliptical machines. It's such an interesting layout for a gym space- understanding that those ships weren't designed for the "modern" gym specifically.

33 minutes ago, notscb said:

It looks like (based on the photos) that you could easily hit your head while using some of those elliptical machines. It's such an interesting layout for a gym space- understanding that those ships weren't designed for the "modern" gym specifically.

The free weights area is especially challenging with everything crammed into a very small space. I usually take the dumbbells I want and go to the level right below.