Nationality of waiters etc?

jeanlyon

Hi, a friend of mine cruised with CMV and found the waiters and bar staff to be not very friendly and one was downright rude.  Most of the crew were eastern European.  Are they Asian or similar on Ambassador, like they are on P&O, who are absolutely wonderful, or are they European?

I've not yet sailed on Ambassador Jean but on another social media platform it does seem that the majority of the hotel crew are from Indonesia, Philippines etc. I sailed on CMV's Marco Polo in 2018 and found the largely Eastern European staff fine. They were not as 'smiley' as Asian staff generally are but they were very professional, happy to chat when you showed an interest in them and certainly never rude.

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I've not yet sailed on Ambassador Jean but on another social media platform it does seem that the majority of the hotel crew are from Indonesia, Philippines etc. I sailed on CMV's Marco Polo in 2018 and found the largely Eastern European staff fine. They were not as 'smiley' as Asian staff generally are but they were very professional, happy to chat when you showed an interest in them and certainly never rude.

Hi Andrew - good to hear.  I will pass it on to our singing friend!  She was the one who had the problem on Marco Polo.  Maybe she was unlucky.  for us, I feel Tilbury is too far to go, but they have the odd cruise out of Falmouth which might interest us.  Tilbury would be good for Shirley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Andrew - good to hear.  I will pass it on to our singing friend!  She was the one who had the problem on Marco Polo.  Maybe she was unlucky.  for us, I feel Tilbury is too far to go, but they have the odd cruise out of Falmouth which might interest us.  Tilbury would be good for Shirley.

I'm trying them out next month on a 5-night Christmas Markets cruise. Tilbury is my nearest port!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...