MDR changes Symphony of the Seas

I just read an articulate from The Street that I saw on Yahoo and was confirmed on a RCCL Blog.  It mentioned that in a trial only on SOTS, there was a change to the MDR menu that would not include the “Classics”, like escargot, etc.  It also mentioned that on the 2nd formal night, each lobster after the 1st one would be a $16.99 plus 18% gratuity.  I know a upgraded steak and lobster were always available for an extra surcharge nightly.

On our past cruises, we have been doing the Unlimited Dining and only specialty, but I have been missing the escargot and our kids have decided no more specialty dining every night, as it’s a buzz kill for them!  Has anyone been on the Symphony recently that can confirm this.  I checked the app just now as we leave this Saturday and it no longer shows the classics every night.

Royal did say they were monitoring and would gather feedback!

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Marlin girl said:

I just read an articulate from The Street that I saw on Yahoo and was confirmed on a RCCL Blog.  It mentioned that in a trial only on SOTS, there was a change to the MDR menu that would not include the “Classics”, like escargot, etc.  It also mentioned that on the 2nd formal night, each lobster after the 1st one would be a $16.99 plus 18% gratuity.  I know a upgraded steak and lobster were always available for an extra surcharge nightly.

On our past cruises, we have been doing the Unlimited Dining and only specialty, but I have been missing the escargot and our kids have decided no more specialty dining every night, as it’s a buzz kill for them!  Has anyone been on the Symphony recently that can confirm this.  I checked the app just now as we leave this Saturday and it no longer shows the classics every night.

Royal did say they were monitoring and would gather feedback!

Thanks

It has been confirmed.

Also regarding tje lobster. They are switching from warm water lobsters to cold water Maine Lobsters so that is a big difference.