Issue with reservations using HUB

nlktx49

On our November 5 cruise we were very frustrated trying to make breakfast and dinner reservations using the HUB, wouldn't let us access the reservation feature, always got no wi-fi connection message. Went to dining room to get reservations and instructions on how to make reservations. Even went to Guest Services for help, we are in our 70's and not at all tech savvy. Finally, on Thursday we discovered we couldn't get the wi-fi connection in our cabin! I know, slow learners, but no one helping us suggested this might be the case. Maybe it's not all cabins - on our September cruise we didn't have this problem. Now we know!

2 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

On our November 5 cruise we were very frustrated trying to make breakfast and dinner reservations using the HUB, wouldn't let us access the reservation feature, always got no wi-fi connection message. Went to dining room to get reservations and instructions on how to make reservations. Even went to Guest Services for help, we are in our 70's and not at all tech savvy. Finally, on Thursday we discovered we couldn't get the wi-fi connection in our cabin! I know, slow learners, but no one helping us suggested this might be the case. Maybe it's not all cabins - on our September cruise we didn't have this problem. Now we know!

I'm in the same boat (70's, and not tech savy !), but different ship-I will be on the Panorama in Dec. I don't have a cell phone and never wanted one. I'm signed for YTD. Will this be a problem, not having a cell phone? Thanks.

Worked perfectly on the Sunshine in Oct. I was very impressed. On the Radiance last week, not so much. The first night for dinner the gray button to reserve wasn't highlighted. Finally gave up and just went to the dining room. Everyone was having issues. Someone from Carnival said the system was down. Next morning everything was back to normal for the rest of the cruise. I guess they just get glitches sometimes. But when it works-it's fantastic!

The system crashed twice while on our B2B sailings on MArdi Gras this past June/July.

The line at the MDR was ridiculous, and the wait staff trying to help were of course, no help,

not even seemingly understanding the HUB crashed. Had to manually check everyone in,

but it took a while since they were not understanding the problem.

We must have missed checking in by minutes because many folks cruised right through with their table is ready notice...

1 hour ago, urbanhawk said:

I'm in the same boat (70's, and not tech savy !), but different ship-I will be on the Panorama in Dec. I don't have a cell phone and never wanted one. I'm signed for YTD. Will this be a problem, not having a cell phone? Thanks.

I don't know what you'll do without a cell phone. You have to use it to check in for YTD, you'll get a message when your table is ready. Also, for breakfast and Sea Day Brunch in MDR you have to check in to get a table number and find out when your table is ready.

Also, the menus are on it, but you can ask for a printed one, as well as activities during the day - no more printed Fun Times unless you go to Guest Services each day and get one.

You can no longer get your account summary or menus or other information on the TV.

It takes some getting used to but overall it's an improvement from the piles of printed information you used to get in your cabin.

I'm sure there must be other passengers without cell phones. Visit Guest Services when you board to find out your options.