Cocktail recommendation

nar20a

On 11/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, FabFam said:

But I'm curious to try the Espresso Martini. ....  ☺️

We order Espresso Martinis, but not all bars have espresso. And, it normally exceeds $15, but that is inconsequential to us,,, we just pay the difference.  

On a recent cruise, we ordered a Brandy Alexander. The waiter came back and said that they were out of the cheap brandy (under the $15 limit).  We just told them to "use the good stuff" and had a lovely beverage

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I'm a "purist", so I almost exclusively drink martinis.  Being the martini snob I am I believe the only martini is either a gin or vodka martini.  All other drinks, I believe, should not be called martinis!  That being said, I can usually be found on deck, or sitting in a bar sipping a Belvedere martini, very very dry, and very very cold.  (Shake it till you think it's cold, then shake it some more.)  Remember, James Bond drank vodka martinis, and he was, hands down, the coolest man in the world! 

Elvis

I always like to get at least one of the drinks of the day. I also like trying new drinks that I wouldn't necessarily order at home because of not being sure I like it. My very favorite was an espresso martini, it had a little bit of an upcharge but goodness it was delicious. Another favorite is Disaranno on the rocks. That's my go to when I've had too much sweet and sour mix in other drinks. 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, FabFam said:

I had (ahem, several) Grey Goose and tonics on my last NCL cruise and they were super duper refreshing!  I plan to stick with those mostly on my upcoming Sun cruise. But I'm curious to try the Espresso Martini. ....  ☺️

I order my screwdrivers with Grey Goose.  I refer to them as "goosed juice."

• Haha 1