Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

32 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Good morning @JOHN 57. Not sure if we will see the new Carnival dinner menus on our cruise as the Venezia is one of two ships with no start up date set yet according to this article from today.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/carnival-confirms-dates-for-fleetwide-rollout-of-new-dining-menus/

read not on our ship yet, maybe by end of year

48 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

I immediately though of you Destiny, if anyone could find the name, it would be you

Thanks! There are a lot of good restaurants/grills right along Oistens Bay in Barbados so with the help of your photos(note the green picnic tables still there in their photos), I believe I have narrowed it down to Uncle George's. Here is the Tripadvisor page for it and it is ranked #3 out of 28 restaurants in Oistens Bay. We will be in Barbados on a Saturday so with Friday being their busiest day/night there should be all fresh fish on Saturday. Note: they do not have an active website.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1183194-d4010980-Reviews-Uncle_George-Oistins_Christ_Church_Parish_Barbados.html

But then I just noticed that they don't open until 4pm local time and we are departing Barbados at 5pm, so I would use the Tripadvisor site to find other restaurants that are open on Saturday during the day in that area(or in Bridgetown)that may be as good or even better.

Concerning Grand Turk, get get there 1100, we plan to have lunch before going off.  We have been there before and a bit high in price.  Nevertheless, we have to have conch fritters.  Two beaches are Cruise center Beach, where the chair luancher are free, and the other is Governor's beach, I must admit that the beaches are absolutely stunning and beautiful.  Does anyone know, how much the conch fritters cost at Jack's shack.  we need to try them out.  LIghthouse cost $3 per person, so we will not go there.

53 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Destiny, I have the menus for dining on the ship, but not a menu for tomadoro, can you help. Most interested in Mexican breafast.  Thank you

Most of the articles/videos I have seen about Tomodoro center around their lunch sandwiches of which there are three. Here is a good video about the breakfast offering which you may not have seen yet.

https://youtu.be/2lFSV6hsE7Y

good morning, ship is at Saint John, 38 days to go, and in 24 we can checkin on 15 September

proposals

1.Meet for meet and greet 30 September at Heroes Bar, inor outside about 1100

let me know, your views