Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

good morning everyone our ship is at sea 37 days to go,and in 23 we can register for 15 September.

proposal.

1Meet and greet 30 September at Heroes Bar about 1100 inside or out

any comments or views.

download (1).png

40 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Now the fun begins with possible last minute itinerary changes for cruises in the Caribbean!🤔

https://www.msn.com/en-in/weather/topstories/four-tropical-cyclones-form-as-the-peak-of-the-atlantic-hurricane-season-hits/ar-AA1fzk92

yes, that is true, but bringing much needed rain.  Here in the Houston and Huntsville, has been over 100 for days, and will continue.  South Texas catching some rain Tuesday, but not here.  Grass is burning up, it is so hot.

6 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

yes, that is true, but bringing much needed rain.  Here in the Houston and Huntsville, has been over 100 for days, and will continue.  South Texas catching some rain Tuesday, but not here.  Grass is burning up, it is so hot.

Here in New England we have been having Florida type downpours(but not the humidity)for weeks that has kept our grass green and growing all summer long. Hey if we have a serious storm or two out there along the coast when we sail maybe they will reroute us to Greenland then Myriam will have to buy another suitcase just for your coats, sweaters, gloves, and hats!🤣

• Haha 1

has anyone, given thought to the meet and greet.

proposal, 30 September about 1100 at Heroes Bar inside out.

Please let me know.

I know of one comedianthus far, true there will be more

9-11 Oct Alex Elkin

2 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Here in New England we have been having Florida type downpours(but not the humidity)for weeks that has kept our grass green and growing all summer long. Hey if we have a serious storm or two out there along the coast when we sail maybe they will reroute us to Greenland then Myriam will have to buy another suitcase just for your coats, sweaters, gloves, and hats!🤣

2 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

it would be cooler

6 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Now the fun begins with possible last minute itinerary changes for cruises in the Caribbean!🤔

https://www.msn.com/en-in/weather/topstories/four-tropical-cyclones-form-as-the-peak-of-the-atlantic-hurricane-season-hits/ar-AA1fzk92

Not going to worry about it. In our 70+ cruises,  half of which are in the August to October time frame, we have only been deviated twice. If it happens you just roll with it. 😎

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Not going to worry about it. In our 70+ cruises,  half of which are in the August to October time frame, we have only been deviated twice. If it happens you just roll with it. 😎

Oh I agree and I have never worried about it myself either. It's just fun to watch the cruise lines scramble when the storms are out there and try to replace ports or just plow through them.

Edited by Destiny0315

4 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Oh I agree and I have never worried about it myself either. It's just fun to watch the cruise lines scramble when the storms are out there and try to replace ports or just plow through them.

No, I disagree. It is not a pleasant exprience, running from a storm or in one.  Thankfully never had to do that. 

Well we had a wrap around balcony aft cabin on the Carnival Pride years ago that was heading into the vicinity of a Tropical storm as we headed South in the Atlantic to Florida from Baltimore. It had a full overhang over the balcony so we were protected from most of the heaviest rain and wind so we did feel safe considering. Of course that was on Deck 7, but had we been a few decks lower I might have felt differently.

Edited by Destiny0315

9 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Well we had a wrap around balcony aft cabin on the Carnival Pride years ago that was heading into the vicinity of a Tropical storm as we headed South in the Atlantic to Florida from Baltimore. It had a full overhang over the balcony so we were protected from most of the heaviest rain and wind so we did feel safe considering. Of course that was on Deck 7, but had we been a few decks lower I might have felt differently.

exactly, what about others.

good morning our ship is in New York for another load, 36 days to go and in 22 we can check in on 15 Sep

proposals

1.meet and greet 30 september at Heroes Bar, inside our out about 1100. 

any comments 

download.png

13 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

exactly, what about others.

Well nothing was bad really throughout the ship but I wouldn't want my only view of a big storm to be from a small window in a deck 1 cabin. If that was the case I might want to be in an inside and like @Jamman54 said "roll with it".😉

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

good morning our ship is in New York for another load, 36 days to go and in 22 we can check in on 15 Sep

proposals

1.meet and greet 30 september at Heroes Bar, inside our out about 1100. 

any comments 

download.png

Hi John, sorry we have been camping, (almost a month now) and I am a bit behind and trying catch up on posts. The 11am Sept 30 meet and greet at heroes bar works fine for Scott and I. 

• Like 1

good morning everyone, our ship is at sea, 35 days to go and in 21 we can register online for 15 september.

update.

1.Proposed meet and greet, 30 September at Heroes bar inside or out, about 1100

voting yet.

1.McGywer

download.png

update, 

Meet and Greet

1.Proposed 30 September about 1100, at Heroes bar inside or outside.

votes, thus far.

1.McGwyer, votes yes

there is an asian lunch special available only on sea days, at seafood shack, andthe cost is included

only 1 comedian thus far

1.Alex Elkin 9-14 October

water

as you know, you can cannot bring it on board, you have to order from the ship, 12 available for $9.95

Each person can bring on 1 bottle of wine, and 12 canned drinks.

15 September is when, we can register online.

checked ships in port, to let us know, how crowded the ports will be and it is the same.

That is all that I have, please let me know, if I got any of this wrong.