Moderno Churrascaria on the Jewel

auie2

I saw a video of the resturant and the salad bar area look really good. Do you think you can go there and just do the salad bar area. I like meat but i realy don't eat enough of it to make this a value.

Thanks,

David

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auie2 said:

I saw a video of the resturant and the salad bar area look really good. Do you think you can go there and just do the salad bar area. I like meat but i realy don't eat enough of it to make this a value.

thats what I do at our local Brazian Grill , you can only salid if you choose , but i don't think it's " al'cart "so it will still cost you a " meal " we'll be taking our 18 yr old carnivous grand son , i'm sure he'll make up for what i dont eat 🤣

8 hours ago, auie2 said:

Thanks,

David

If you have the FAS package, for the small gratuity you would have paid, it would be worth the trip. But if you're paying full boot, I would go elsewhere. The salad bar is heavy on salad items, salad dressings, a couple soups, shrimp, potato salad, cheeses, and a small variety of foods I've neither seen nor heard of. You could make a meal out if it, but for the "full boot" price, IMHO, it wouldn't be worth it.

31 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

If you have the FAS package, for the small gratuity you would have paid, it would be worth the trip. But if you're paying full boot, I would go elsewhere. The salad bar is heavy on salad items, salad dressings, a couple soups, shrimp, potato salad, cheeses, and a small variety of foods I've neither seen nor heard of. You could make a meal out if it, but for the "full boot" price, IMHO, it wouldn't be worth it.

I don’t think it’s worth paying for even if you are eating the meats. Just based on my own experience dining at Moderno several times (including on the Jewel), NCL just hasn’t been able to pull off a churrascaria. The meats are typically of poor quality, and usually cold.  There’s just not enough volume in the restaurant to make the concept work. If you’re using up a FAS dinner, fine if you have a number of them, but Moderno would not be high on my list.

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I must be the only person who isn't impressed by the salad bar in Moderno, specifically if all you're looking to have is an actual salad. 

Some years ago, the salad bar in Moderno was quite good imho.  But it then went downhill, and that was even before the pandemic.    

• Like 1

I’m a vegetarian and I love eating at Moderno.  I love the drinks, the bread, the sides and the salad bar.  To me, it’s worth it for the variety and the yummy flavours.  I do not think the quality has changed at all in recent years.  I also like how the tables are not too close together like they are in La Cucina, Onda and Ocean Blue.

• Like 1

The FAS is the only time I do specialty...we are usually quite happy with the MDR.  Last cruise we had a hard time with 4 specialty dinners.  so now we stick to the Latitude perk and ignore the FAS ones.  saves a little, and we are not wasting it.

That said, on our Jewel cruise April of this year, we were the first ones in and all the meats were piping hot.  we worried that no one else was going and it was going to be just us, and felt bad.  This next one we are doing in April of next year (again on the Jewel) our daughter and SIL are going as well (their first cruise) so we are doing Moderno (SIL) will make up for what we dont eat, and havent eaten in the past...

• Like 1