Baha Mar

klb1978

We are traveling on Royal Caribbean in December 2022.  I see that the cruise line offers a day pass to Baha Mar.  Curious on reviews of this excursion.  Do they provide bus transportation to the resort or is the cost just the day pass?  This is for myself, my husband and our 9 year old son.  A friend of mine suggested the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon but I don't see this as an excursion listed for our trip 😕  I know my son will want to explore a bit so just looking for something fun for us to do in Nassau.  Thanks!

I just did the Baha Bay Waterpark day pass on Monday November 14th.  I booked with Resortforaday dot com for $160.00 each and grabbed a taxi at the cruise pier.  It was about a 15 minute taxi ride $20.00 for first 2 guests and additional $4 for each additional passenger.    Check in was a breeze, gave my printed pass, and we got bracelet wristbands.  Rented a large locker for $20 credit card only. They added locker access to our wristband which was nice to not have to worry about losing key.   Baha Bay was a splurge for us, but well worth it and will absolutely go back.  Plenty of floats, no long lines, and no crowds.  Loved the family slides.  Many bars and restaurants inside the park to grab a bite to eat but they are credit card only and expect theme park prices.  Love the Sugar Factory, that was our favorite and the 818 Bar/grill.  We are already planning another cruise to Nassau just to go back to the Baha Bay park.  If you have a full day in Nassau, I would highly recommend. 

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

• Thanks 2

Thanks for that feedback @happychippy !

Could you confirm if the day pass included any food or drink? What I've purchased via Royal as shorex says includes lunch and 1 soft drink. Screenshotting it now in case it doesn't and I can let Royal know its false, but it'd be good to know in advance 

On 11/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, klb1978 said:

We are traveling on Royal Caribbean in December 2022.  I see that the cruise line offers a day pass to Baha Mar.  Curious on reviews of this excursion.  Do they provide bus transportation to the resort or is the cost just the day pass?  This is for myself, my husband and our 9 year old son.  A friend of mine suggested the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon but I don't see this as an excursion listed for our trip 😕  I know my son will want to explore a bit so just looking for something fun for us to do in Nassau.  Thanks!

We are looking at the same thing also going in December on Royal. It would be for my myself, my wife, and our 9 year old daughter. Nothing else looked interesting enough to leave the ship for. I can't really find a lot of reviews but I think in the last few months they just opened up the day pass options for the resort so that maybe why nothing is out there yet. 

I did book it because the Black Friday sales were pretty good. $106 per adult and $48 for kid. It only ended up being $261 total for the three of us. 

I am wondering about the travel options to get there and the lunch that is included. The lunch isn't a dealbreaker but I'm a planner and would like to know how I am getting to the resort. 

On 11/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, billnye97 said:

We are looking at the same thing also going in December on Royal. It would be for my myself, my wife, and our 9 year old daughter. Nothing else looked interesting enough to leave the ship for. I can't really find a lot of reviews but I think in the last few months they just opened up the day pass options for the resort so that maybe why nothing is out there yet. 

I did book it because the Black Friday sales were pretty good. $106 per adult and $48 for kid. It only ended up being $261 total for the three of us. 

I am wondering about the travel options to get there and the lunch that is included. The lunch isn't a dealbreaker but I'm a planner and would like to know how I am getting to the resort. 

I kind of expect transfer but no food or drink. I've screenshotted the description to take to guest services in case that happens. My thought is even with just transfer the black Friday price was so much lower than direct 

On 11/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, Aaron3 said:

I kind of expect transfer but no food or drink. I've screenshotted the description to take to guest services in case that happens. My thought is even with just transfer the black Friday price was so much lower than direct 

in the description it does say lunch and one soft drink is included but it doesn't say anything about a transfer. 

1 hour ago, billnye97 said:

in the description it does say lunch and one soft drink is included but it doesn't say anything about a transfer. 

Good point. The wording is pretty vague. "A quick 15 minute drive "

I'm sure someone must have been on it so hopefully they can update us

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, bormus said:

Did you end up going on this through Royal?

I am looking at the same thing for the end of January 2023.

We did end up booking through Royal.  A bus ride was provided there and back. We met in the theatre at the designated time.  It was a little slow going but it’s been awhile since I did a ship excursion so maybe that’s the norm.  Looking at my pictures we got to the resort about 10:45/ 10:50am.  I think we had to be back to the bus at like 3:45 or 4pm.  The grounds of Baha Mar are absolutely beautiful.  The landscaping is amazing.  We loved the lazy river.  Good slides as well.  We did walk over to the beach but it was a bit rocky.  The water in the pools was chilly!!  It felt ok once you got in but wow was it cold at first.  There are lockers you can rent for your personal belongings.  Towels can rented.  We just brought pool towels from the ship.  The water park wasn’t crowded at all which was very nice.  There were only two ships in port that day.  Lunch was included.  We got the crispy chicken sandwich and fries and my son had chicken strips and fries.  Not a ton of options but there were a few.  A soda was also included with lunch.  The food was fresh and pretty good.  All in all it was a nice day and I’m glad we went.  The bus ride was nice bc you got to see a bit of the island.  All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.  

• Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 1:37 AM, klb1978 said:

We did end up booking through Royal.  A bus ride was provided there and back. We met in the theatre at the designated time.  It was a little slow going but it’s been awhile since I did a ship excursion so maybe that’s the norm.  Looking at my pictures we got to the resort about 10:45/ 10:50am.  I think we had to be back to the bus at like 3:45 or 4pm.  The grounds of Baha Mar are absolutely beautiful.  The landscaping is amazing.  We loved the lazy river.  Good slides as well.  We did walk over to the beach but it was a bit rocky.  The water in the pools was chilly!!  It felt ok once you got in but wow was it cold at first.  There are lockers you can rent for your personal belongings.  Towels can rented.  We just brought pool towels from the ship.  The water park wasn’t crowded at all which was very nice.  There were only two ships in port that day.  Lunch was included.  We got the crispy chicken sandwich and fries and my son had chicken strips and fries.  Not a ton of options but there were a few.  A soda was also included with lunch.  The food was fresh and pretty good.  All in all it was a nice day and I’m glad we went.  The bus ride was nice bc you got to see a bit of the island.  All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.  

Thank you great update, will definitely stick with it. 4.5-5  hours will be plenty for us with 2 young children 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, happychippy said:

I just did the Baha Bay Waterpark day pass on Monday November 14th.  I booked with Resortforaday dot com for $160.00 each and grabbed a taxi at the cruise pier.  It was about a 15 minute taxi ride $20.00 for first 2 guests and additional $4 for each additional passenger.    Check in was a breeze, gave my printed pass, and we got bracelet wristbands.  Rented a large locker for $20 credit card only. They added locker access to our wristband which was nice to not have to worry about losing key.   Baha Bay was a splurge for us, but well worth it and will absolutely go back.  Plenty of floats, no long lines, and no crowds.  Loved the family slides.  Many bars and restaurants inside the park to grab a bite to eat but they are credit card only and expect theme park prices.  Love the Sugar Factory, that was our favorite and the 818 Bar/grill.  We are already planning another cruise to Nassau just to go back to the Baha Bay park.  If you have a full day in Nassau, I would highly recommend. 

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

We have also booked this through Resortforaday in March, sailing on the Carnival Legend.  We have a couple families going and one may need a wheelchair accessible taxi/bus.  Do you know if those were readily available at the pier or is that something they need to order/rent ahead of time?  They may have it figured out but thought I would ask since you were just there.  Thanks!

17 hours ago, happychippy said:

Accessible taxis with a lift are not easily available in Nassau.  Many guest will bring a foldable wheel chair and that can be stored in the taxi vans.  If you need a lift accessible taxi I would highly recommend booking that in advance with  http://accessiblebahamas.com/

Thank you for the recommendation and information, I appreciate it!