Rio de Janeiro Tours

Bruin Steve

We have never been to Rio before.  We will be arriving on a Monday morning (April 10), staying three nights at the Hilton in Copacabana and departing via the Celebrity Infinity on Thursday, April 13.

Figure we're a little tired on Monday...after a long couple of flights from Sunday afternoon, our time...and, by the time we get off the plane, collect luggage and get to the hotel, trhe rest of that day will mostly be relax and recoup time...that would leave us with two full days--Tuesday and Wednesday--to see Rio.  Having never visited before, my thought is to use Tuesday for a comprehensive tour of the major tourist sights of the area and to leave Wednesday open to "play by ear"...

I do not mind doing an organized group tour with a local tour company for this kind of day...

So, the big question is if anyone could recommend such a tour company and/or tour?

Also, anything to consider doing on our own on Wednesday?

And, any recommendations on ground transportation Airport to Hilton and Hilton to Cruise Port?

And, any recommendations on restaurants near the Hilton safe to walk in at dinner time?

Thanks...

We were in Rio just before Covid hit for 2 days at the end of our cruise. We hired a private guide. He was wonderful. I can't believe how much we saw.    His name is Augusto Guimares.    His email is  gusguide@hotmail.com......you can say Barry and Miriam recommended him.