Mocktails and Cocktails

Diane67B

The beverage packages just went on sale for me and I'm trying to decide between the alcohol one or just the refreshment package. The alcohol one is so expensive!! It would be 800 Canadian for me for a week. My question is do mocktails taste just like cocktails without the alcohol?  Can you tell the difference?  Thanks for any answers. I can't remember ever having a mocktail. I imagine it tastes the same?

One thing you can also do is get the refreshment package and just pay for the shot of alcohol to be mixed in with the mocktail when you want an alcoholic drink 🙂

I think I worked it out that if I only have one or two cocktails a day, buying the refreshment package and paying for the alcohol separately is still more economical than purchasing the deluxe beverage package (especially with our weak Canadian dollar causing the price of the package to be sooooo high!!!)

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

One thing you can also do is get the refreshment package and just pay for the shot of alcohol to be mixed in with the mocktail when you want an alcoholic drink 🙂

I think I worked it out that if I only have one or two cocktails a day, buying the refreshment package and paying for the alcohol separately is still more economical than purchasing the deluxe beverage package (especially with our weak Canadian dollar causing the price of the package to be sooooo high!!!)

This is very helpful!! Thanks!!

I found out on our last cruise that I enjoyed the mocktails more than the alcohol ones. Mojito and pina colada are my favorites. Found a thread somewhere that had a list of recommended mocktails. Miami vice, tropical crush, painkiller, love connection, coco loco, Roy Rogers, Shirley Ginger, watermelon mint lemonade. Planning on trying them all with the refreshment package along with some milkshakes from Johnny Rocket which is included in the package if the restaurant is on your ship. If you are on a ship that has the Vitalis snack bar the smoothies are part of the package. Just picked up the  Black Friday refreshment package for 19.99 per day per person on our next cruise in February. 🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sweetpea2 said:

I found out on our last cruise that I enjoyed the mocktails more than the alcohol ones. Mojito and pina colada are my favorites. Found a thread somewhere that had a list of recommended mocktails. Miami vice, tropical crush, painkiller, love connection, coco loco, Roy Rogers, Shirley Ginger, watermelon mint lemonade. Planning on trying them all with the refreshment package along with some milkshakes from Johnny Rocket which is included in the package if the restaurant is on your ship. If you are on a ship that has the Vitalis snack bar the smoothies are part of the package. Just picked up the  Black Friday refreshment package for 19.99 per day per person on our next cruise in February. 🥳

Thank you so much! My decision is made! Mocktails, milkshakes and smoothies it is. Yummy!!!!