What are the "perks" of the Suite stateroom SP category

jean95404

Hi!  We are preparing for our cruise next month - our first Norwegian cruise. We have booked an inside family suite, category SP.  There has been mention, on some of the board postings, of special perks that come with this cabin.  For instance, concierge services, meals at various restaurants at no additional charge, amenities, etc.   Could someone fill us in on any of this?  Our TA does not usually book Norwegian cruises and has no information.  The person I called at Norwegian (after a LOOOOONG hold loop) said that I had to ask my travel agent since we booked through an agent and not directly with Norwegian.  Odd response.  So, here I am throwing the question out to all of you.

What ship?

As a minimum you will get concierge service and Butler service. On a small ship you will get breakfast and lunch in a suites dining room. On a big ship you will get all three meals in a suites dining room. Don’t forget, the butler and concierge so we’re not part of the daily service charge and you should tip them in cash separately.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Not on the Joy.

Yulp, seemed OP just newly booked on the Joy, sailing next month and those SP and/or SC suites do NOT come any extra perks, no access to Haven-like dining (except whatever being included as part of the Free At Seas ...)  There is no butler services whatsoever and concierge help is mainly access to an online helpline (which, for us, was "directed" or linked to the CruiseNext department) for dining and show reservations (virtually, useless).  No bottled water cartons or sodas/etc. restocked in the refrigerator, just the coffee machine that steward will restocked daily and more often as requested (use tap water out of the sink, safe for drinking to most cruisers).  There was 2 "treats" delivered by room services during the week ( 3 cookies in a covered plate, LOL - the ones you can easily get yourself & probably just as fresh, in the garden cafe ) 

PPV movies are free to watch during the week, for your convenience (total selection of about 60 of them) from the TV's in the "suite" and there should be an umbrella in the closet to use/go ashore with, in case it rain.  Bathrobes & slippers available and if not, request & ask for them.  Beddings, linens were good, one notch above the regular staterooms.  There was really no priority check-in and/or embarkation at the pier ... but you might, possibly, get priority disembarkation (gold colored) luggage tags and offer to meet at a designated lounge for faster disembarkation.  

I probably forgotten a thing or two.  The best part in paying for the extra, was that its worth an extra point per day as a "suite" and the extra space, and having two (2) full baths in the suite - between 540 to 560 sq.ft. in size, it was quite spacious by NCL ship standards, just as big - if not bigger, than most Haven suites, minus access to a real balcony - you get 2 HD-like (720p resolution, as I recall) virtual balcony display in real time in the "living room"

Look below for the May 2022 Joy "semi-live" as it has pictures of the suite & what things were like, etc. onboard with us.  Enjoy the cruise and the ship.  

• Like 1