Welcome Aboard Premium Plus Photo Package

masterty

I have a question about the photo package. When it says "and FREE Digital Files of all selected photos". Does that include every digital *.jpg photo taken by NCL photographers? (ie gangway, port, formal, casual, dining, random around the ship, and other photos.) Here is the exact language of the package. Can I select every one?

TIA.

WELCOME ABOARD PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE

1 x FREE Light Up Frame, 2 x FREE Photo Lanyards with Charms, 1 x Welcome Aboard Photo, 1 x Route Map with Welcome Aboard Photo, 8 x Portrait 8x10 Prints and FREE Digital Files of all selected photos

Only $199.00 ($499.99 Retail Value)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, masterty said:

I have a question about the photo package. When it says "and FREE Digital Files of all selected photos". Does that include every digital *.jpg photo taken by NCL photographers? (ie gangway, port, formal, casual, dining, random around the ship, and other photos.) Here is the exact language of the package. Can I select every one?

TIA.

1 x FREE Light Up Frame, 2 x FREE Photo Lanyards with Charms, 1 x Welcome Aboard Photo, 1 x Route Map with Welcome Aboard Photo, 8 x Portrait 8x10 Prints and FREE Digital Files of all selected photos

No, you only get the digital files for. Each pic you selected for each item.

You get all the photo they take as long as you select everyone one them when you  look at them on board. I did it on one cruise and we had over 40 photos on the digital.  I liked it my wife get tired of taking photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same exact question and it seems the 2 answers given contradict each other. Can others chime in with their experiences with this package? Princess used to offer a similar deal for about $200 that DID allow you to get ALL the digital copies of any photos taken onboard or getting on/off the ship. It was a great deal. But charging the same for just a few digital copies and a few 8x10s seems quite steep to me. Thanks in advance for your responses!

On 11/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, masterty said:

I won't pretend to know this with certainty because I've never purchased the package.  But I'm reading all selected photos as meaning only the files of those photos you printed.  You'd think they'd just throw everything on the thumb drive (or however they give it to you) because it isn't as though there's any incremental cost to them, but I suppose if they think they can squeeze a few more bucks out.....

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still not clear to me on what is included in the package. Also is there any reason for both pax to buy the package or should only one person buy it. is it $200 or $400? When you try to check out it asks you who is buying it and has a check box next to each passenger in the add to cart. I would think it was a per cabin package and why but it twice unless you wanted 16 photos and 2 digital copies. Like I said. I will call tomorrow and hope someone knowledgeable with on ship package features gets on the other side. Typical phone agents have never been on a cruise ship and often have a poor understanding of how la carte packages are formatted. 

We usually buy a package so that we can get the digital file (flash drive) but it has always only included those photos that we've selected as part of the package, not every photo that's been taken. We've been on 6 cruises with NCL, the most recent 2 months ago, and this is how it's always worked for us. We visit the photo studio onboard the day before we disembark and select and pay for our package, charging it to our stateroom (with only one of our cards). If you want more photos than are offered in the largest package, you can by as many additional individual photos as you wish, which were $29 each last time we were aboard. You can also buy individual photos without buying a package, but you won't get the flash drive. Package prices vary depending on what's included. The cheapest package on the POA last November was $129 for 5 photos and a flash drive, and I think they threw in a couple of additional boarding photos.

Edited by NikiPinkston
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, masterty said:

Still not clear to me on what is included in the package. Also is there any reason for both pax to buy the package or should only one person buy it. is it $200 or $400? When you try to check out it asks you who is buying it and has a check box next to each passenger in the add to cart. I would think it was a per cabin package and why but it twice unless you wanted 16 photos and 2 digital copies. Like I said. I will call tomorrow and hope someone knowledgeable with on ship package features gets on the other side. Typical phone agents have never been on a cruise ship and often have a poor understanding of how la carte packages are formatted. 

We feel that they take some great pictures, but I only ordered just the small package. 

We received: 1x FREE Light Up Frame (fun), 2x FREE Photo Lanyards with Charms (actually pretty nice), 1x Welcome Aboard Photo, 1x Route Map with Welcome Aboard Photo.  We are happy with our purchase.

Your package should include your selection of 8 total photos that you allow them to take during your cruise.  When embarking, stop for that photo to be taken!  Then, the others could be during port stops, and/or during meals or events... your choices of eight photos total included in that price.  You might choose to have them take more than 8, but your package includes 8 photos for the price.  Others that you might want to purchase would be at their current price.

(We did not ask about the price, since we only had the one photo only taken.)

9 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I only ordered just the small package. 

We received: 1x FREE Light Up Frame (fun), 2x FREE Photo Lanyards with Charms (actually pretty nice), 1x Welcome Aboard Photo, 1x Route Map with Welcome Aboard Photo.  We are happy with our purchase.

Did only one in the cabin or both in the cabin pay $49

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is old, but I just ran across this info on a non-logged in page on NCL that specifically clarifies the point that was vague when you're logged in..  I was looking for clarification and the search pulled up this thread so maybe it will help others in the future.. 

The Welcome Aboard Premium Plus Package includes:

• • 1 x Light Up Frame
  • • 2 x Lanyards with photo insert
  • • 1 x Welcome Aboard Photo
  • • 1 x Route Map
  • • (8) Portrait 8x10 Prints
  • Digital files of the 10 Photographs selected in this package.