2 planners with different prices and order history for the same cruise

Yes as the title says ...

I'm sailing on Wonder on Nov, 27 (after a week now) and RC is playing with their planner website for black Friday deals, resulting in having a brand new planner website in addition to the regular normal one.

Planner 1 (the original): can be accessed by going to Royal Caribbean's website, press on top left menu icon, choose sign in ... after signing in, press on the same menu icon again and choose: Manage My Cruise option and then choose Cruise Planner sub-option, the final url is :

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/?bypass=true

I can see my full order history with my purchases.

Planner 2 (the new one): can be accessed by going to Royal Caribbean's website, sign in, press on the top right button that has my initials, then choose my cruise and press on Plan my cruise button, the final url is:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner?bookingId=xxxx&shipCode=WN&sailDate=20221127   [where xxxx is my booking id]

when I open my order history in the new planner, it shows this message:

You don’t have any orders yet
After checkout is complete, your purchases
will be listed here

and when checking the deals on the new planner I found out that it has completely different prices than the ones in Planner 1 (much cheaper).

However, the mobile app shows my past purchases normally.

Did anyone face such weird thing ? I'm asking because I want to cancel my orders (purchased from the original planner (1) website) and purchase new ones (from the new planner (2) website) as they are much cheaper.

2 hours ago, forests_lover said:

Did anyone face such weird thing ? I'm asking because I want to cancel my orders (purchased from the original planner (1) website) and purchase new ones (from the new planner (2) website) as they are much cheaper.

You should try buying the cheaper version before canceling the existing order - if successful, don’t ask why, just enjoy the savings. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You should try buying the cheaper version before canceling the existing order - if successful, don’t ask why, just enjoy the savings. 

I just did that, now the cheaper version appears on the new planner website but doesn't appear on the mobile app .. I guess I have to tell them at the guest services desk in the ship to fix it for me ..

5 hours ago, forests_lover said:

I guess I have to tell them at the guest services desk in the ship to fix it for me ..

Folks at the GS on the ship likely can't fix something you did in the planner - whatever price you paid is what it is, regardless of what the planner says. If you want a lower price, you have to complete that (and cancel the previous purchase) in the planner before the cruise. The planner is locked out two days before the cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Folks at the GS on the ship likely can't fix something you did in the planner - whatever price you paid is what it is, regardless of what the planner says. If you want a lower price, you have to complete that (and cancel the previous purchase) in the planner before the cruise. The planner is locked out two days before the cruise.

thanks for the hint

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I tried to call RC call center at (866) 562-7625 to fix this minor issue but it says to wait 2 hours on hold, is that a normal time  !!!

8 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

I tried to call RC call center at (866) 562-7625 to fix this minor issue but it says to wait 2 hours on hold, is that a normal time  !!!

Depends on Day you call and time. Happens. It is a Monday and they are running pretty good discounts this week so busier 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forests_lover said:

If you are a Crown and Anchor member call that number  800-526-9723 and stay on line to speak to someone. They took my reservations when website was down and told me that they saw my daughter's excursion reservation on their end when I did not see it in the planner.  THEY made the reservation for me, screwed up by adding the wrong party, then amended the  excursion reservation. When I tried to add her again (because that is the *1* thing she wanted to do all week), I could not because system said she already had that excursion even though planner said nope.

Might give you peace of mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

If you are a Crown and Anchor member call that number  800-526-9723 and stay on line to speak to someone. They took my reservations when website was down and told me that they saw my daughter's excursion reservation on their end when I did not see it in the planner.  THEY made the reservation for me, screwed up by adding the wrong party, then amended the  excursion reservation. When I tried to add her again (because that is the *1* thing she wanted to do all week), I could not because system said she already had that excursion even though planner said nope.

Might give you peace of mind.

did you finish this sailing ? and did she do the excursion ?

17 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

Oh, this isn't until June 2023!  I was trying to save $50 per person by canceling and re booking at the lower price. Hope it worked!

I cancelled and rebooked dozen times in the planner, until now all good except for a minor issue mentioned above, and can't wait for my sailing after 6 days on Wonder.

Edited by forests_lover
  • Like 1