Booking Shows- Symphony

It may depend on when your cruise is as well.  I think any of the ships doing pre-booking won't start until cruises beginning in December and I believe it is only Oasis class and Quantum class ships.  

We have a cruise on Symphony in December and some time the beginning of this month, I was able to pre-book all four major shows.  The times do not show up until you start the reservation process where you will then get a choice of the available dates and times.  Anything underlined in red, means that there is some sort of conflict with another of your bookings such as dinner.  

I don't think you'll have to wait until you board for sailings after November. The sailing I'm on right now is one of the last that had to wait until we were on the ship (the next sailing might have to do so as well). People with December sailings have been able to book shows before boarding.

Based on this week's show schedule, it seems there's a show at 7, 8, 9 and 10 each night. Sometimes 7:15, 9:30 or 10:15, but there's generally something you can see at each of those hours. The comedy show is at 8pm every night, but I didn't see it in the cruise planners for previous sailings. 

If you have the dining package, I'd suggest making show reservations first, and then booking dining around the shows. If you do a 5pm dining time every night then  you can go to all of the shows. 5pm dinner makes it so you have to get back to the ship a little early in order to get ready, but guarantees you won't overlap with any shows you want to see. 

Late to the party I guess, but I just went to book Hairspray for my December cruise and it is sold out. We always plan everything out on the first day. I have never had to book shows prior to embarkation or risk them being sold out (we were just on the Allure in July, love me some Mama Mia!). 

Maybe once onboard there will be additional reservation slots?

3 hours ago, yankeefanjenn said:

Late to the party I guess, but I just went to book Hairspray for my December cruise and it is sold out. We always plan everything out on the first day. I have never had to book shows prior to embarkation or risk them being sold out (we were just on the Allure in July, love me some Mama Mia!). 

Maybe once onboard there will be additional reservation slots?

I think you'll be fine. Check every day to see if anyone cancels. The other thing that happens when people have to book ahead of time is that they have no idea how tired they're gonna be by that time of day, or they may get wrapped up doing something else. If they don't remember to cancel the show beforehand, you'll at least get in by standing in the "no reservations" line. 

Slim to no chance every single person shows up.

• Like 1