Koningsdam Questions

BruhnSisters

My next trip on the gorgeous Koningsdam will be December 17th!  I feel very grateful and excited that I can take this cruise with my Sister.

1.  If you have sailed on this ship recently, do you know the names of the current cruise director, piano playing singers in Billboard or the lead singers for B.B. Kings?  

2.  Anyone have current pictures of Mexican Riviera dinner menus?

3.  What are your favorite TASTES, SIGHTS and EXPERIENCES on HAL ships?  

From my previous trips I loved the:  Pea Soup at the Dutch Cafe, watching the sunsets and waves while walking on the promenade deck, renting a retreat cabana for a day, and listening to the incredible musicians in the evenings! 

Thanks for any info you'd like to share 🙂

We were on Koningsdam in Early November for her one and only California Coastal Cruise. 

Loved the Pea Soup. I think they were between Cruise Directors as we were never made aware of whom that was. The Indian Food in the Buffet was excellent if you wanted to skip the wait for the Dining Room. The Thalassotherapy Pool was amazing! 

Feel free to ask me more - Curtis

3 hours ago, curtdesilets said:

We were on Koningsdam in Early November for her one and only California Coastal Cruise. 

Loved the Pea Soup. I think they were between Cruise Directors as we were never made aware of whom that was. The Indian Food in the Buffet was excellent if you wanted to skip the wait for the Dining Room. The Thalassotherapy Pool was amazing! 

Can you tell me where the T Pool is located? Thanks!

5 hours ago, curtdesilets said:

The Thalassotherapy Pool was amazing! 

Thanks very much for your reply!  Please tell me more about the spa pass.  Do they have changing rooms and lockers?  Do you turn in your room key when you check in?  I have booked it for my upcoming 5 night cruise.

13 hours ago, BruhnSisters said:

Thanks very much for your reply!  Please tell me more about the spa pass.  Do they have changing rooms and lockers?  Do you turn in your room key when you check in?  I have booked it for my upcoming 5 night cruise.

Yes.  It was $149 for the week.  Well worth it!  The spa is amazing, and the thalassotherapy pool has a very powerful jet waterfall to soothe your aching muscles.  You turn in your key  to the spa welcome desk in exchange for 2 keys: 1 for the electronic lockers and one to open the door to the spa.  slippers and robe are provided. There is also a public hot sauna no one seems to know about, near the entrance to the private spa.  I think it is $199 for 2 people but my wife was not interested.  Her loss.  I booked on the 1st day on board and it seemed liked there was plenty of availability even though we were a sold our sailing.  Good luck! And Enjoy!!  -  Curtis

15 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Can you tell me where the T Pool is located? Thanks!

It is on Deck 9, Lido Forward.  Like most HAL ships, the pool is covered by draperies so the general public does not see it.  Very new and sophisticated other rooms, including  a large and small steam room, a horizontal shower thingy and back barbeques!  Seriously weird but interesting.  Also of course those heated chairs looking out to the sea playing spa music.  Worth the money, believe me. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Do they have Indian food on the buffet on the Nieuw Statendam?

The Distant Lands Station lunch in the Lido Market usually has one day each week with Indian food featured.

Another option is the MDR.  Here is a link to the Indian menus that you can request from your MDR waiter:  MDR Indian Menus

• Like 3

7 hours ago, curtdesilets said:

Yes.  It was $149 for the week.  Well worth it!  The spa is amazing, and the thalassotherapy pool has a very powerful jet waterfall to soothe your aching muscles.  You turn in your key  to the spa welcome desk in exchange for 2 keys: 1 for the electronic lockers and one to open the door to the spa.  slippers and robe are provided. There is also a public hot sauna no one seems to know about, near the entrance to the private spa.  I think it is $199 for 2 people but my wife was not interested.  Her loss.  I booked on the 1st day on board and it seemed liked there was plenty of availability even though we were a sold our sailing.  Good luck! And Enjoy!!  -  Curtis

Very helpful!  Thank you Curtis 🙂