UDP at Playmakers and Giovanni’s Wine Bar

sheezsmith

Can someone clarify for me how we use the UDP for a la carte menus, is it only once a day wherever it’s used, per person or is it once a day per a la carte venue/menu per person? For instance if I use my sea pass card for something’s at Giovanni’s Wine Bar; can my husband use his sea pass later that same day at Playmaker’s? Thanks for your help, I’m confused about this new change 

33 minutes ago, sheezsmith said:

Can someone clarify for me how we use the UDP for a la carte menus, is it only once a day wherever it’s used, per person or is it once a day per a la carte venue/menu per person? For instance if I use my sea pass card for something’s at Giovanni’s Wine Bar; can my husband use his sea pass later that same day at Playmaker’s? Thanks for your help, I’m confused about this new change 

Not sure how to answer your question but this is what the UDP on the web site says:

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $34.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Important details and advisements

• Not valid for premium experiences including: Wine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal, Mystery Dinner Theater, Culinary Activities, and Holiday Celebration Dinners.
  • Beverages are not included.
  • Child pricing applies to children between the ages of 6-12. Children ages 0-5 are complimentary. Children must order from the kids menu.
  • A courtesy reservation will be made for Day 1 or 2 of your sailing.
  • All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

After reading this, I would assume it is 1x per day per person for ala carte venues; however, this may not be the correct assumption. Sorry!

Edited by SilkySal

33 minutes ago, sheezsmith said:

The way it has been described is it is per venue, per person, once a day.  Theoretically you should both be able to go Playmakers every day and both use your credit, and then be able to go to any other restaurant that has the ala carte pricing and do the same there that same day.  

22 hours ago, sheezsmith said:

Each person has their own daily credit to use at the a la cart places like playmakers. I'm on symphony right now and I haven't had the opportunity to test it because there's just way too much food on board to have needed to go to 2 a La cart places in one day yet. 

I did ask the waiter at playmakers to clarify the rule and he said he hadn't heard of it, and that we could use the credit as many times a day as we wanted at playmakers. I don't think it'll end up being as big of a deal as it initially sounded like it would be, simply because I can't imagine too many people using up the credit and then wanting more food at the same venue. 

There's just so...much...food

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Agree on amount of food.  I'm just hoping we can do Izumi sushi lunch and then grab the Campfire cookies from Playmakers.

The Izumi sushi isn't part of the same daily credit. Izumi sushi has a set menu that is part of the UDP, or, you can also use a $35 credit to order outside of the set menu. 

Playmakers (and Johnny rockets) are basically considered specialty restaurants. They don't have set menus, so these are the places you can use your daily $20 Credit at. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler