1st time in Bimini. We just want to relax on a beach

Wayfairers

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, Wayfairers said:

We just booked a cruise that goes to Bimini in January.  It will be our first time to stop there.  Are there any beaches within walking distance of the port?  We would love to just relax on a beach all day.  Cheap beers would be a huge plus.

Following, because I'm also on a (Royal) cruise to Bimini in January.   It doesn't appear to be a commonly-made stop.  

On 12/4/2022 at 10:52 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

We booked a day  at Resort World. We don't sail till January but I'll be happy to report back. 

M

Awesome, we're sailing at the end of the month.  Looking forward to your report! 

Correction.  Got my cruises mixed up.  We are stopping at Bimini on a DECEMBER ( Not January)  cruise.  I'll report back  earlier.  

We bought  the  ship excursion ( includes lunch)  for $47 pp.  Now it is $62.pp.  It was a black Friday sale.   

RARELY buy a ship excursion, but lately  we find ourselves paying $25-40 just for chairs and umbrellas.   Lunch and transportation are included as well . Seemed like an OK deal. Plus the resort is (supposedly) closed to the public when a ship is on port. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently at RESORT WORLD.  This place is fantastic. Two beautiful pools, endless chairs on the beach. We got a terrific deal around black Friday week on our excursion. We rarely buy a ship excursion, but it was too good to pass up. 

The staff is super friendly.  

given the opportunity, I would definitely return. 
m

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are currently at RESORT WORLD.  This place is fantastic. Two beautiful pools, endless chairs on the beach. We got a terrific deal around black Friday week on our excursion. We rarely buy a ship excursion, but it was too good to pass up. 

The staff is super friendly.  

given the opportunity, I would definitely return. 
m

Which ship/cruise line are you on?  

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Royal Caribbean. Jewel of the seas. 
m

Thanks!  We'll be on Royal also, on Freedom of the Seas.   

We won't know what excursions will be available until about two weeks before sailing, since it is a charter.  I'll look for Resorts World.  

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there in August, considering this or rental of a golf cart.  Carnival offers the same Resort World excursion at 3 prices, the pool area at $40, with lunch for $70 and open bar for $100. Bad reviews on the "open bar" so most likely will just get the beach/pool offer. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!