Zodiac Accident at Elephant Island

jpalbny

@Host Jazzbeautwo separate incidents.  Rogue wave knocked out a number of windows, leading to the death of one passenger.  This was on their way back for medical attention for the zodiac broken leg passenger.  Reading the live updates from the ship is heart breaking.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tex1 said:

@Host Jazzbeautwo separate incidents.  Rogue wave knocked out a number of windows, leading to the death of one passenger.  This was on their way back for medical attention for the zodiac broken leg passenger.  Reading the live updates from the ship is heart breaking.

Thanks.  It was hard to keep up.  Didn't mean to seem to be making fun, if that's how I came across.  Yes, it is tragic.

There are some very interesting questions raised on the Viking boards about just how this happened and whether the ship is actually fit for purpose. What would worry me is just how low those guests cabins are, and how close to the water line. The older ships would have had lockable portholes that low down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

There are some very interesting questions raised on the Viking boards about just how this happened and whether the ship is actually fit for purpose. What would worry me is just how low those guests cabins are, and how close to the water line. The older ships would have had lockable portholes that low down.

I remember when their 1st Ocean ships came out, the glass shower doors shattered in some rooms. Then the Norway incident, and now this. 

Viking is new to these waters and you had better have the most experienced captains, crew, and expedition crew, along with a solid ship. :((

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I remember when their 1st Ocean ships came out, the glass shower doors shattered in some rooms. Then the Norway incident, and now this. 

Viking is new to these waters and you had better have the most experienced captains, crew, and expedition crew, along with a solid ship. :((

Viking sees itself as a disruptive cruise line, and the mantra of Silicon Valley disrupters was "Move fast and break things."  But since they were dealing with software code, I don't think they meant it to be taken quite so literally with shower doors, windows, zodiacs, etc!!!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Viking sees itself as a disruptive cruise line, and the mantra of Silicon Valley disrupters was "Move fast and break things."  But since they were dealing with software code, I don't think they meant it to be taken quite so literally with shower doors, windows, zodiacs, etc!!!

They need to Learn to Code?  ;-))

• Haha 2