Miami - disembarkation question

Shiba_Lover

Hi - we disembark in Miami (cruise is in Feb) and I have checked that there are 6 other cruise ships in port that same day.  Unsure if they are coming or going.  But the question is -- would this really impact being able to get a taxi?  Unsure how the terminal is set up, so don't know if it is one big line for all passengers or if the lines are spread out based on where the ships may be.  We have a flight at 1PM so may not be much concern as we are set to dock at 7.  Can pre-book a car or take ship shuttle if there could be an issue, but normally just take a taxi or ride share service.    Oh - we are on Celebrity if that makes any difference.  Thanks!

Edited by ehall

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Ships at Miami are ALWAYS coming and going.

There will be tons of taxis, and you will have no problem with a 1pm flight. No need to pre-book or take cruise line transfers.

I’m on cruise now returning to Miami tomorrow. RCL is saying one hour to get an Uber for pickup. Does that sound right?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

I’m on cruise now returning to Miami tomorrow. RCL is saying one hour to get an Uber for pickup. Does that sound right?

Hello, please let me/us known what you decide and if it works. We will be on a cruise out of and return to Miami Jan/Feb next year. Just got the information that the booked package tour will vhange to cruise and flights only. So I am sitting here booking hotelroom for the night before the cruise and are thinking about transfers throguh cruise line or on our own. Thank you!

17 hours ago, black forest said:

Hello, please let me/us known what you decide and if it works. We will be on a cruise out of and return to Miami Jan/Feb next year. Just got the information that the booked package tour will vhange to cruise and flights only. So I am sitting here booking hotelroom for the night before the cruise and are thinking about transfers throguh cruise line or on our own. Thank you!

Left the ship at 8:30 AM. No more than 10 minute wait for a taxi. 

• Like 1